Home Forums General Discussion Autoimmune e-Series by Tom O'Bryan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cathlo
    Participant

This guy is holding seminars on autoimmune diseases – http://thedr.com/ – No idea what the lectures are like, but thought i would post it here. I came across it as i looked him up as i am reading his book, Autoimmune Fix. He isn’t a doctor, but has organised such a conference with doctors before. His book is good, but doesn’t really say anything that I haven’t read before ( i have read a lot of books on this subject) – but I find reading one every now & again, reinspires me, and helps keep me to healthy nutritional/supplement path.

2013 Poor gut & low white blood cells. Jan 2014 RA symptoms. Diet - no gluten/dairy/nightshades/sugar. Started AP in Oct 2014. On Mino MTWTF. RA improved but still there. Many supplements.

Maz
    Keymaster

Thanks, Cath! I’ve been watching this series, too, but found I didn’t have time to watch the final few episodes, as was only free for one week and each installment was only available for 24 hrs. I’m going to try to catch the tail end of the series when it comes around again. I found it on http://www.betrayalseries.com and agree with you that there wasn’t much many old-timers here don’t already know. More than anything, I think, it helps provide validation that the conventional treatment of autoimmunity went to suppressing rather than healing the immune system.

There seems to be a paradigm shift occurring in the cancer world, too. I was speaking with a friend who works at a major NYC cancer center as a PA and she is a strong proponent of the newer targeted immunotherapies and stated, point blank, that folks should stay away from radiation and chemotherapeutics unless there is no other option. I found that pretty interesting, coming from someone treating cancer patients on the front lines and seeing the results of both approaches on a daily basis.

Misty
    Participant

I watched Betrayal and have also read Tom O’Bryans book “The Autoimmune Fix”. True that not anything new but found it to be a comprahensive overview of what is going on in recent research concerning the central role of the gut and the microbiome in AI.I would think it would be an excellent book for someone newly diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.What I did find perticularly interesting though was that the antibodies for autoimmune diseases can be seen in your blood for many years before the breakout of the disease.You would imagine that treating these subclinical diseases would be an easier task. I knew I had possitive CCP many years before the breakout of my RA, wonder if I had gone on my AIP diet then would it have made a difference?

Spiffy1

I watched the series and read the book as well. Misty, you were fortunate to have this early information. Nobody ever bothered testing me for anything autoimmune until I flared. Like you, I wish I had also known I had a celiac gene. I might could be a lot healthier and stronger today. I was still in the reactive medicine carousel at the time. Oh, well. Better luck next time, I guess. Maybe one day they will test HLA patterns at birth, but too late for me.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.