Home Forums General Discussion Autoimmune Disease and Vaccines

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Calida
    Participant

I read an interesting article regarding the published research of one of the leading autoimmune docs in the world (according to the author) and wanted to share it. Often a subject of controversy, vaccines with adjuvants (such as the flu vaccine’s aluminum adjuvant) and live vaccines (such as chickenpox) may cause problems for those of us with autoimmune disease. I’ve never had an opinion on the subject but, after reading this, that may change.

I’m including a link to the article, which is an easy read, and a link to the original published study results.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/attacking-ourselves-top-doctors-reveal-vaccines-turn-our-immune-system-against-us

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25277820

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

mary77
    Participant

Calida,
    Thank you for posting the link to this article. In the past, I reacted poorly to a flu vaccine…was told to never get another one. I developed a huge swelling at the injection site, fever, more than normal fatigue and pain. I refuse to get any more vaccines and this article explains why I should be concerned.

It is also concerning to me that the recent measles outbreak is causing legislators to think they need to push for mandatory vaccinations. The decision to vaccinate should be left to the individual or parents of a child…and this article explains why one should think seriously about it before being vaccinated.
    Mary

Trudi
    Participant

Calida–

Excellent article!! I’m so glad you posted this. I know there are a subset of people who should NOT be vaccinated. I’m glad research is finding out who they are.

Thanks,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

Thank you for sharing this very interesting article and study, Calida. The hyper-stimulatory effects of live, attenuated and dead vaccines are a concern for anyone whose immune system has been compromised. After all, the whole point of any vaccine is to ramp up immune response to an infection of some sort in order to create immunity. I’m not a rabid anti-vaccer, but I am also concerned about slamming an infant’s immature immune system with too many substances all at once. It’s not what mother nature intended and any time we mess with mother nature, there are usually debts to pay. She’s forgiving most of the time, but there are times when too many apples in the cart can tip the balance and the preservatives and metals in vaccines are additional, unnatural foreign substances to the human body, causing yet further hyper-stimulation. There is certainly very good evidence that people with autoimmunity need to be very cautious about the types of vaccines they receive on a case-by-case basis.

From the CDC’s site, here is an ingredients list of common additives in vaccines that include known toxins:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

Live or attenuated vaccines of any type of contraindicated for anyone with autoimmunity and here is a listing of various live, live attenuated and inactivated vaccines:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/us-vaccines.pdf

I’m also very glad that researchers are continuing to study the effects of vaccines, some of which may not be known for decades.

Trudi
    Participant

FYI: I did a search on Yehuda Shoenfeld and came across his presentation at the Vaccine Safety Conference in 2011. http://www.vaccinesafetyconference.com/index.html Very interesting speakers and topics; I hope to listen to some more and thought you might also be interested.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

RevereRosie
    Participant

My doctor told me not to get the flu vaccine this year. He said he feels the ingredients in the vaccine will reve up my immune system and he wants to calm it down. I used to get the flu shot every year for many years but not this year.

My fingers are still swollen and puffy. All my friends think I may have Lyme Disease as their fingers are all deformed looking?

I have an appt. with my doctor in April and will bring this to his attention. I would love to be able to wear my rings again one of these days!

bsnyder
    Participant

My RA STARTED twenty years ago after I had a hepatitis B vaccine. All of these years of heal started with a vengeance just a few days after that vaccine. Before the vaccine I was healthy – afterward I was almost crippled. Since then I have read research that says the hep B vaccine can cause RA and other auto immune problems. SInce then I have never had another vaccine, I don’t trust them as I was one of the wounded.

Robert
    Participant

Hi
    thanks Trudi ,Maz for the info on the vaccines,i have never had a flu jab nor will i get one ,,its just the recurring pneumonia problem with lungs i have and having RA, dont help still not sure if this one would give problems as they dont use live vaccines i hear,,has anyone ever had the pneumonia vaccine and had any problems?,any feedback would be welcome.

Trudi
    Participant

Hi All–

Going through some old medical files, much to my surprise, I received the Td vaccination when I went to urgent care for my tick bite in May 2003. I would have bet money that my last vaccination, also a Td, was in the late ’80s. Will have to be more careful in the future.

Take care,
    Trudi

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.