Home Forums General Discussion appt tomorrow, need help with protocols

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ellie6
    Participant

I have an appt tomorrow with my NP and I want to ask her about trying the antibiotic protocol. She’s pretty open to things so I think she will let me try it, but may be concerned about my history of leaky gut due to a yrs worth of heavy duty antibiotics for Lyme. I have tried to find the exact protocol, but can’t. She will not have time to read a lot of literature and I’m hoping she is probably familiar with this anyway, so can someone tell me the usual protocol to start it? Historically I have experienced severe jerxing on antibiotics so I know I need to start slow. Thanks!

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Ellie,

You’ll find info on dosings Brown used in the Historical Protocol section of the Physician Packets on the main site. If you print this out to take with you, it should provide all the info needed to get started. Typically, 100mg mino is used on Mon, Wed, Fri (MWF), but if there is a lot of inflammation, doses as low as 50mg are used to start.

https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=studies.display&display_id=184

You might also like to watch the Dr. Brown video at the top of this forum…right at the very end, Brown’s dosing protocols are described (doses of doxy are equivalent to mino, but in this context 250mg tetracycline, a first generation tetracycline is equivalent to 100mg mino or doxy). Today, minocycline is preferred as it is so lipophilic, meaning it has greater tissue penetration. It may also cause more herxing than doxy due to this.

Does that help?

All the best for your appt tomorrow!

ellie6
    Participant

Thanks Maz,
    The appt went well. My NP feels a lot of my issues may be my inability to detox properly. She has prescribes a bunch of supplements to help with this including molybdenum, folapro, active B12, and lipotropic complex. Historically I have not been able to handle antibiotics due to severe die off issues. She would like me to work on opening up the detox pathways first and would then be open to trying the protocol.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.