Home Forums General Discussion AP Scleroderma

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fallon
    Participant

I have been taking doxycycline 100/2x daily, for scleroderma and I am seeing no improvements in tightening in over 6 months. I am experiencing a lot more tightness in my face. Any ideas?

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Fallon,

Any reason you selected doxycycline instead of minocycline? Minocycline, on the whole, tends to work faster as it’s highly lipophilic and is better able to penetrate the tissues. Doxy was used before mino, by Dr. Brown, but today minocycline is the preferred tetra for scleroderma.

The first year of Treatment with AP for SD can be more about slowing down the freight train of disease progression. If you check out the FAQ #26, Dr. Brown said in the book,

In the most entrenched and recalcitrant cases, it can take up to thirty months from the beginning of therapy until the patient clearly turns the corner toward improvement, and the achievement of lasting remission can take several years….In shorter-term cases – and short term doesn’t necessarily mean less severe – complete remission can be achieved in less than six months. —The New Arthritis Breakthrough, by Henry Scammell, pages 269-2

Much can depend on variables, such as disease duration, type and severity, prior and current medication use, generic or brand, co-morbidities (e.g. Thyroid disease), age, and various “nails in the feet” that might need to be addressed, such as diet.

Can you add a signature line, Fallon, that includes this info for us? I think it might really help others to chime in with personal experiences that could shed some light fir you – thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.