Home Forums General Discussion AP Improved my Hearing

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by BG.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    enzed
    Participant

This is strange and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced an improvement in their hearing after being on AP.

In 2009, a few months before I was diagnosed with CREST / SD I experienced a dramatic and rapid hearing loss. As a result I needed prescribed hearing aids, both ears, following professional testing.

Three years later in 2012 I started AP. After a few months on AP (Mino and then Doxy) I noticed my hearing had improved to the point where I stopped needing to wear the hearing aids. While my hearing is not yet perfect it is greatly improved.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am wondering if bacterial infection had affected my ears or if swelling / inflammation from bacterial infection had blocked my hearing.Does anyone know about this?

BG
    Participant

Yes, that is what happened to me. I was losing my hearing. Had to have the volume on the TV set at 34 or higher to hear it whereas previously the volume would be set at 14-20. Even my grandson complained about the volume. My doctors ignored it, blamed it on aging, attending too many loud rock concerts, etc. Was prescribed doxy for an eyelash infection July 2010. Had a fairly severe Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction, almost severe enough to send me to the ER. Within two weeks of starting the doxy, my hearing improved so much that I could once again hear the TV with the volume set at 14-20 and my hearing remains improved to this day.

Several doctors have tried to identify the infection over the years but no one has been able to. I suspect it was a vector-borne infection or another kind of zoonosis.

Barb

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.