Home Forums General Discussion AP Drs. in Los Angeles/SoCal area

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KPT
    Participant

I have been having wrist and thumb pain in recent months. 11 years ago I had an episode with Parvovirus B19, and have had a little residual wrist pain since then, but nothing like what I am experiencing now. My Primary Care Physician ordered blood work that showed the following. RA Factor = 21.4, a history of previous Parvovirus B19 IgG (6.5), but very little active Parvovirus B19 IgM (.1), ANA Direct = Negative, Sed Rate = 2. So I am scheduled to see a Rheumatologist in a month, but would like to investigate AP options as well.
    I signed onto the Dr. Search function at this website, and entered my contact info, but was interrupted by work and so aborted the session before I could get to the point of reviewing/selecting local AP Doctors. Now the system denies access since I have previously signed in.
    How can I go about getting a list of local Los Angeles/SoCal Doctors?
    Thanks, Paul

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Glad you’ve joined us, though sorry to hear about the Parvo B19. I had it in my mid-30s and experienced several months of severe arthritis that completely resolved, so understand how uncomfortable it can be when you get that infection as an adult. It was Lyme that later triggered my RA in my mid-40s. Fortunately, your RF is pretty low (almost normal) and SED is also looking pretty good, so hopefully this bout with arthritis will diminish over time. I’m happy to send you a list AP docs for CA in a Private Message (PM). Hope you find a doc who can help and is a good fit. In SoCal/LA area, there is also one of the “most experienced” AP docs who is also a rheumatologist, so may work out for you and take your health insurance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.