Home Forums General Discussion Anyone use Doxy?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

I understand Mino is better than Doxy but until I get my hands on mino I rather take Doxy.

Does anyone here take doxy 100mg 2 times a day (tablet)?

Thanks

enzed
    Participant

Hi worldofme,

You don’t say if you have RA (that I know nothing much about) or if you have SD.

I have Scleroderma (SD) and have used Doxy. I began on Minocycline but it had a very strong herxing effect although it was successful in that it reversed many symptoms of SD in the first 3 months. The medical advice was to switch to Doxy as what may have been misunderstood by me as being herxing may actually have been a sensitivity (not to be confused with an allergy) to Mino which was way too fast acting for my system to cope with.

Doxy can be started at low doses and increased as the body can cope with it. Advice on this forum from people with more experience is to start slowly, taking a lower dose spread out over a week, only 3 times a week. 100mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to begin with is advice that has been followed by many others on this forum. Then it can be increased.

Although Doxy was slower than Mino to get results (that’s only my experience) it was way more gentle on my body and I was able to manage that very well. The reduction in SD symptoms continued and I did increase the dose to 100mg twice a day. I did continue to experience some side effects, mainly fluid retention in my ankles and my knees that became swollen, stiff and sore.

I had taken some supplements as well but stopped those after which the fluid retention slowly reduced and then stopped altogether. As others have pointed out, when we get diagnosed we have a tendency to chuck everything at it, and that in itself can create more problems. So the idea is not to panic, to start slowly, to build up slowly, as the body handles the ‘die off’ of bacteria from the AP.

That’s just from my own experience and I hope it helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.