Home Forums General Discussion Anyone seen Dr. H. in Toronto, Ontario?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    LisaHf
    Participant

Hi everyone. My son, who suffers from some type of inflammatory arthritis, managed to get in to see Dr. H in Toronto last week. Based on my son’s history, he strongly believes that his illness is infection-based. Dr. H’s approach is to use hydrogen peroxide or ozone intravenous therapy; however, he did also prescribe minocycline (100mg once a day) plus LDN (4.5mg) plus some other supplements. My son (in his early 20’s) has also been following the Paleo AIP diet for 5-6 weeks now and has seen great improvement through the diet alone.

Before we proceed with one of the IV therapies, I was hoping to connect with someone who has had experience with Dr. H. Please respond here or PM me.

Thanks!

richie
    Participant

Hi Just my laymans opinion –the minocycline -LDN and special diet seem like a very good plan —I would research the IVS very carefully –controversial !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darling787
    Participant

Hello. I have never been to Dr. H but my doctor has had great success with IV ozone, chelation, and UVLrx(new machine) . I have spoken to many patients with autoimmune issues and lyme disease who have done very well with these therapies. Currently, I receive vitamin IVs and glutathione. I am trying UVLrx in about a week. Based on my research, ozone has minimal side effects and can only aid the body in killing pathogens.

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

LisaHf
    Participant

Late thanks for the replies! I wanted to give an update here on my son’s condition. When he saw Dr. H. in Toronto in January, one of his knees was very swollen and he was experiencing soreness in his hands and feet. The swollen knee had been an intermittent issue for 2.5 years, but became chronic in the fall of 2016. That is also when he started experiencing the sore hands and feet. My son had adopted a Paleo diet a month prior in December and was seeing some improvement. Dr. H. started him on minocycline (initially 100mg/day then bumped up to 200mg/day), LDN, various supplements, and weekly hydrogen peroxide intravenous treatments. By May, he was still showing signs of gradual improvement but to accelerate his progress, my son started undergoing Hyperbaric MultiPass Auto Hemo Ozone Therapy. He underwent 10 of these treatments (each treatment consisted of 10 passes) and they drastically accelerated his progress. He was feeling improvement while actually undergoing each treatment! It is now November and my son has been completely symptom free for 2 months. He is back to playing the sports he loves and says he hasn’t felt this good in a few years. He has also noticed that many foods he had to avoid initially because they increased his symptoms are no longer triggering his symptoms. He has decreased his antibiotic usage to 100mg/day and if all continues to go well, he’ll decrease his usage to 100mg MWF in a couple of months, and then possibly discontinue them for good. Note that for my son’s case, the antibiotics are just a hedge in Dr. H.’s opinion. My son’s bloodwork has always been fine plus the DNA PCR tests for various mycoplasma, etc. came back negative. The only thing he tested positive for was Human Herpes Virus 6. Dr. H. feels that this has been the cause of my son’s issues, and antibiotics don’t work for HHV6. The ozone therapy, however, can get rid of viral infections.

Dr. H. has been a godsend for my son and we will be forever grateful. Maybe this information will help someone else out there…..

Maz
    Keymaster

Lisa, this is just fantastic news and you must have such a heavy weight off your mother’s heart!

Although tempting to stop the low dose AP altogether, he might consider staying on the diet and a low pulsed mino dose plus his LDN just to be certain of fending off relapse. 100mg is essentially less than 1/4 of the Harvard Daily Protocol, so very, very low, and if it means staving off a relapse (sometimes more challenging to reverse), many patients believe it’s worth it.

Nevertheless, this sounds like Remission to me and thanks so much for coming back to post about your son’s remarkable turnaround! Any chance you would mind copying and posting the above to the Stories section of the site?

Oh, meant to ask, did Dr. H. run a comprehensive myco, chlamydia, strep, Lyme, etc panel?

LisaHf
    Participant

Hi, Maz…Yes, we are amazed at my son’s improvement! My son found it challenging for the first while because he wanted to get 100% better quickly, but I encouraged him to keep going and hoped that the regimen he was following would pay off….which it did!! I would log in to this website here and there to keep motivated. A big thank you to everyone on this website!

As for the antibiotics, we still haven’t completely decided what to do in terms of staying on them or not, but for now he continues to take 100mg of minocycline daily. I understand the relapse issue, but since Dr. H. seems to think my son’s condition wasn’t caused by mycoplasma, strep, etc., he doesn’t feel it’s necessary; however, he appears to be leaving the decision up to my son for now.

This is the extra bloodwork panel that Dr. H. ran: http://www.dna-human.com/rheumatoid_arthritis.asp

DNA Tests for:
    Chlamydia spp. (C. pneumoniae, C. trachomatis, C. psittaci)
    Cytomegalovirus
    Human herpesvirus 6
    Mycoplasma spp. (M. pneumoniae, M. fermentans, M. hominis, M. penetrans)

As I indicated in my previous post, my son tested negative for all of them except for the Human herpesvirus 6. Hard to say whether this was the cause of my son’s inflammatory arthritis. He still has to go back to see Dr. H. to do a re-test now that he’s been symptom free for a couple of months. Also, as I said, all of the regular blookwork (RF factor, ESR, etc) has always been fine.

I will definitely post something to the Success Stories section at some point soon.

Airen
    Participant

This is wonderful news! SO happy for you both. I wonder where this type of treatment is available in the states? I know Dr. Rowan does ozone therapy in California.

Diagnosed with RA in October 2014, pain started in February 2014
    Started AP in June 2015
    Taking daily: 32.5 mg WP thyroid 6 am, 100 mg mino 9 am, 16.25 mg WP thyroid 2 pm, B Complex for MTHFR mutation 3 pm, Multivitamin 3pm, 100 bil powdered probiotics 6 pm, 5-8,000 iu Vit D 6 pm, 100 mg mino 9 pm

LisaHf
    Participant

Here is a link to a website that provides information for ozone practitioners around the world:

http://www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com/my_ozone_doctor.com.html

Amis
    Participant

Hello Lisa,.
    I also live in Toronto and also made an appointment to see Dr F. H. Because I am a new patient I am scheduled to see him on April 1at. I got his name from a referral service of this site. Before making an appointment with him, I read numerous reviews on him. Almost all were very positive. He treats a variety of problems, including arthritis. There are reviews from arthritis patient. I suggest you read them.
    Let’s keep in touch and exchange notes.

Doc’s full name removed as per our guidelines. See guideline here. Thank you for your understanding

LisaHf
    Participant

Hi, Amis…Yes, I read all of the reviews for Dr. H. before sending my son to see him in January 2017. There are indeed many positive reviews. Note that my son has already been treated by Dr. H. (read through all of the posts above in this thread).

Feel free to message me privately at any time if you have any questions. All the best to you on your journey!

Edit: I’ve sent you a private message.

cookie
    Participant

Hi yes I went to see him this week and he proposed Ozone therapy for my RA. I hesitate due to cost and wonder if it lasts.

How is your son since 2017? Did the treatment last?

Thank you

Cookie

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

cookie
    Participant

Hi did you have any treatment with Dr H? I saw him this week for my RA. Very costly but I want to know that it works or not?

Thanks
    Cookie

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cookie,

I hesitate due to cost and wonder if it lasts.

No, according to what I’ve read, it doesn’t last. I’m fairly certain I’ve written about this before. There’s an LLMD in Washington state who wrote that he does not recommend it because of ozone’s toxicity. He also said that some of his patients had tried it, and the results were only short term.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

cookie
    Participant

Thanks Phil. I guess there isn’t any real therapy to eliminate RA for good.

Cookie

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cookie,

I guess there isn’t any real therapy to eliminate RA for good.

Some people have gone into long-term remission from RA by using bee venom therapy (BVT), also known as bee sting therapy and apitherapy. By the way, I’ve been told that beekeeping is a wonderful and fascinating hobby.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.