Home Forums General Discussion Anyone recommend Hydrogen Peroxide treatments for RA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    cookie
    Participant

I have had RA since 2005. I take 2 minocyclines three times a week. I maintain a vitamin and probiotic regime to keep my body healthy. The only side effects I have is a very thick toe nail on one foot and some small cysts under my facial skin which I want to eliminate but not sure how. Has anybody had this problem and can recommend a solution???

My AP stated that low dose intravenous hydrogen peroxide may help reduce inflammation and help my RA.

Has anyone tried this method and has it been successful? Any side effects and/or serious problems???

Thank you for your help.

Happy New Year to all!!!

cookie

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cookie,
    @cookie wrote:

My AP stated that low dose intravenous hydrogen peroxide may help reduce inflammation and help my RA.

I don’t like the idea. Hydrogen peroxide is toxic, which is why the body has an enzyme called catalase. The purpose of catalase is to destroy hydrogen peroxide. As soon as the hydrogen peroxide hits your bloodstream, it will be broken down by catalase into water and oxygen. Since there is the potential for oxygen bubbles to form in the bloodstream, I believe that this is a potentially dangerous treatment. Although it may be possible to safely administer this treatment, I see it as the kind of treatment where a mistake could be fatal. Personally, I would not accept this treatment unless clinical studies had proven it to be safe and effective.

@cookie wrote:

I have had RA since 2005. I take 2 minocyclines three times a week. I maintain a vitamin and probiotic regime to keep my body healthy. The only side effects I have is a very thick toe nail on one foot and some small cysts under my facial skin which I want to eliminate but not sure how. Has anybody had this problem and can recommend a solution???

Please look at your vitamins and tell me how much iodine, vitamin B1 (thiamin), vitamin C, and vitamin D that you are taking every day.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

fastspinW
    Participant

Hi Cookie,

I can’t speak to the question of hydrogen peroxide other than to say that PhilC’s comment certainly seems to merit consideration. As to the small cysts, I was troubled by these for years, long before I began AP. And for years I would periodically have to have them surgically removed, a painful and expensive proceedure I never quite learned to enjoy.

And then one of my doctors just happened to mention that if I applied a hot compress to these cysts several times a day they would reabsorb and dissapear. So I decided to give his remedy a try and lo and behold every time a cyst appeared I used hot compresses as instructed and the cyst would vanish within a few days time.

One can only wonder why a doctor hadn’t mentioned this common sense remedy before…LONG before!

All best,
    Winston

cookie
    Participant

Dear PhilC:
    Thanks for the information on catalase. It does seem too dangerous to have this treatment. I think I will decline.

You inquired about my vitamin intake it’s as follows:
    iodine – 4o mcg
    B1(thiamine) 20 mg
    Vit. C 1250mg
    Vit. D3 100 i.u. included in my calcium/magnesium pill

Thanks

Cookie

Diagnosed with RA in 2005. Taking minocycline M W F. Taking B vitamins, fish oil, probiotics, vit E, calcium, vit D, DHEA, zinc, magnesium taurine, curcumin, msm, GLA, vitamin C, glutathione capsules. Using topical ointments for pain such as Voltaren. Drinking lactose free milk, eating lean meat such as chicken and fruits and veggies. Exercising 3 times a week.
    My side effects of mino are hyperpigmentation of my face/neck and darkening of my gums and whites of eyes which is very distressing. Diagno

A Friend
    Participant

@cookie wrote:

Has anyone tried this method and has it been successful? Any side effects and/or serious problems??? ………. cookie

Cookie,
    A number of years ago, when I was still having a lot of symptoms, there was a lot of discussion about use of hydrogen peroxide — in baths and IV usage. My primary care physician at that time was also a holistic MD. I can’t remember what (if anything) the hydrogen peroxide was combined with for soaking in the tub, but I decided to try it. From doing that this one time, I developed hives all over my body. It had been suggested to me prior to this that I might try the IVs. I’m so glad I tried the bath first. There was/is an expert on the use of hydrogen peroxide whose writings I read soon after the hives. I was able to communicate with him and ask him about its usage. He told me the hives would seem like a “picnic” compared to what might have happened to me if I had had the IVs with it. Scary thought! As those hives lasted a while.
    AF

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cookie,
    @cookie wrote:

iodine – 4o mcg
    B1(thiamine) 20 mg
    Vit. C 1250mg

It looks like you may not be getting enough iodine or vitamin D. If I were you I’d do some research on those to learn more about them. Has your doctor tested your vitamin D level? If not, you might want to ask him/her to do that.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

A Friend
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi Cookie,
    @cookie wrote:

iodine – 4o mcg
    B1(thiamine) 20 mg
    Vit. C 1250mg

It looks like you may not be getting enough iodine or vitamin D. If I were you I’d do some research on those to learn more about them. Has your doctor tested your vitamin D level? If not, you might want to ask him/her to do that.

Phil

Cookie, Phil,
    Just adding a comment to your observations above and to Cookie’s list of vitamin intake. I’ve learned over my long “puzzle of illness” how important the B vitamins are, and this is emphasized in several different highly-researched areas: that a complete spectrum of the B Vitamins are very necessary — and that whenever we take an isolated B vitamin, we should also take an additional complete B vitamin supplement to have necessary B vitamins needed in order for us to convert various enzymes needed to perform what they are supposed to do in our body systems.

Also, various research has shown that some people are lacking the ability to convert B-6 into the P5P form needed to do what it needs to do, and this can hamper improvement of such things as carpal tunnel, which was also shown related to heart conditions. [Folkers & Ellis research]

Also, in a research paper a few years ago in Thorne Research article was how this deficiency had been shown to play a part in schizophrenia, juvenile onset diabetes, and an old diagnosis rarely seen now: Pellagra (because the gov’t began requiring just enough in foods to keep this from happening).

When I discovered on my own back in 2006, that the cause of the year-long pain that would not go away was acidosis, I began searching for answers. In Dr. Mildred Seelig’s online book on Magnesium in the Pathogenesis of disease, I found much, much more related to this subject, and how important magnesium is, and how quickly it is used up, and how people thru media info are encouraged to even over-consume calcium without adequate magnesium. Since calcium in our body uses magnesium for it functions, needed magnesium we need for every function in our body can get used up quickly when we take/consume too much calcium.

Another deficiency, when we’ve been ill for quite a while, can be we can no longer convert beta carotene in our food into Vitamin A. Dr. Wm Crook wrote about this in his Chronic Fatigue and the Yeast Connection books. He suggested that a Vitamin A-Emulsion liquid be used sublingually if it becomes apparent that we may be Vitamin A deficient. After two years of chronic illness resulted in about 15 Rxes of abx, my vision was affected, very sensitive to sun, bright lights, etc. Also, I had not been told about probiotics to take when taking abx, so had added those, after the fact. After reading Dr. Crook’s recommendations, I got some of the A-emulsion from a health professional’s office. Used one drop daily. In about two weeks, the dark circles under my eyes went away, and I haven’t had “night blindness” or extreme sun sensitivity since that time. Many of you do not need this information, but while on this subject of our developing inabilities to absorb/convert, thought this might be helpful. (By the way, I still order this product from a distributor, but am careful not to overdo its use. It is kept in the frig to keep it fresh a longer period of time.)

Sorry to go on and on… but for me, all of these things have been connected in my own medical education. lol 🙄

Best to you all…

cookie
    Participant

Thanks to all of you for your great input. My vitamin input is monitored by an AP doctor.

Phil I incorrectly stated my Vit D intake it is 1000 mg along with 3 Vitamin D pills. Thanks for your kindness.

Cookie

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cookie,

1000 I.U. of vitamin D is much better. You are probably getting enough, but a blood test is the only way to know for sure. As for iodine, 40 mcg per day is not enough. If you are not getting additional iodine from other sources, such as iodized salt or eating seafood every day, then you may be deficient.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

cookie
    Participant

Hi Phil: Seafood isn’t my favourite food. I do take fish oil. How much iodine is enough? Thanks

Cookie

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Cookie,
    @cookie wrote:

Seafood isn’t my favourite food. I do take fish oil. How much iodine is enough?

For an adult, 150 mcg per day. Women who are pregnant or breast feeding need more.

For more information on iodine, see:
    http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/minerals/iodine/

Phil

- Albert Einstein

cookie
    Participant

Thanks Phil for your response. My multiple contains 40 mcg of iodine. I will have to eat more fish to make up the difference.

Cookie

PhilC
    Participant

@PhilC wrote:

Hi Cookie,
    @cookie wrote:

I don’t like the idea. Hydrogen peroxide is toxic, which is why the body has an enzyme called catalase. The purpose of catalase is to destroy hydrogen peroxide. As soon as the hydrogen peroxide hits your bloodstream, it will be broken down by catalase into water and oxygen. Since there is the potential for oxygen bubbles to form in the bloodstream, I believe that this is a potentially dangerous treatment. Although it may be possible to safely administer this treatment, I see it as the kind of treatment where a mistake could be fatal. Personally, I would not accept this treatment unless clinical studies had proven it to be safe and effective.

Matv posted a link to this page yesterday:
    Suit Alleges Death from IV Hydrogen Peroxide

Since it directly relates to this discussion, I thought I’d go ahead and repost it here in case someone finds this message thread via a search.

Phil

- Albert Einstein

jaminhealth
    Participant

This appears to be an OLD THREAD.

I take Iosol Iodine drops daily, each drop is 1830 mcg which equals almost 2 mg….

I take 3 drops of the above daily, when I don’t I get breast tenderness and pain for one thing….

Seafood, you gotta eat a lot and then contend with the mercury and pollutants in the seafood….

matv
    Participant

I’m glad PhilC posted it due to what might pop up with Hydrogen Peroxide on the board’s search engine. It may seem like a miracle treatment but people need to know the negative as well as the positive. Just like AP theropy, etc. There are negatives, despite how safe it was proven to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.