Home Forums General Discussion ANY NEGATIVE CIPRO or BACTRIM EXPERIENCES?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MMW
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    It has been a while since I posted last. But I have still been here silently, on a regular basis. I have a lot to post on different issues and related research and studies that I have discovered information on. I will do so under differents subject matters and different new postings over the next few days. I have updated my personal history, however.

This post is being made in hopes to gather information on which antibiotic I should use to irradicate some major overgrowth of potential pathogenic gut bacteria discovered by the Genova Diagnostic Comprehensive Parasitology Test. According to Genova Diagnostic these bacteria which I carry an overgrowth of is susceptible to Bactrim or CIPRO.

I took 3 doses of Sulfamethoazole TMP DS (bactrim). After the 3rd dose my veins started protruding in my hand enormously, One of my fingers lost feelings and I got itchy spots (just a few) on my hand. I felt awful the entire time.

My dr. then called me in a RX of CIPRO. It has been 4 days since I quit Bactrim. I read about Cipro and I am frankly scared to take this antibiotic. It sounds like a chemotherapeutic antibiotic. Its black box warnings are frightful in regards to irreversible damage to tendons.

I started to rethink the possiblility of retrying Bactrim again. I was taking other herbs while taking it and thought they might have interacted and caused me the reaction. I was taking it with Citrus Seed (grapefruit) capsules, Uva Ursi capsules, (both taken for the first time) peppermint/oregano capsules, Wobenzym enzymes systemically and Digest Gold enzymes with meals.

I guess I am trying to find out if anybody has had a negative experience with Cipro at RB or if anyone has an oppinion or an experience to share about the use of sulfmethoazole.

I am worried that the klebsiella oxytoca, which is a highly resistant building bacteria, is going to develop resisence to the 3 capsules of Bactrim I took before discontinuing.

These are my Genove Diagnostic Comprehensive Parasitology Test results. I will be starting a new threads on these bacteria soon and why their combo might have made me unable to take probiotics in the past. Very interesting info in my oppinion.

* GENOVA Comprhensive digestive parasitology results:
    RARE YEAST
    NO MYCOLOGY
    NO OVA OR PARASITES
    FLORA IMBALANCE DUE TO OVERGROWTH OF THE FOLLOWING BACTERIA: 4+ rating is the highest
    Gamma haemolytic Streptococcus 4+
    Alpha haemolytic Streptococcus 4+
    Cirtobacter species 4+ potential pathogen
    Enterobacter cloacae 4+ potential pathogen
    Klebsiella oxytoca 4+ potential pathogen
    BENEFICIAL BACTERIA
    No Lactobacillus Species
    Escherichia coli 4+
    Bifidobacterium 1+

Thanks for any helpful info on deciding if I should retry Bactrim or move on to CIPRO.

MMW

Trudi
    Participant

Back in 1993 I had a Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis from Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory which is now known as Genova Diagnostics http://www.gdx.net/. The results were citrobacter freundii 2+ and klebsiella pneumoniae 3+. The best treatment was Cipro. Two week’s worth seemed to do the trick and I was pretty much OK until 2003 when I was bitten again.

Since you have done quite a bit of research, you know that Cipro is in the class of fluoroquinolones and can cause tendon damage. Because I didn’t tolerate antibiotics well, my doctor put me on Cat’s Claw which also contains quinolones. Herbalists say that it is a different type of quinolone and does not cause tendon damage. But I wonder, since I do have tendon and ligament damage–hence I’m now seeing a chiropractor.

my veins started protruding

Interesting, this happens to my neighbor, but throughout her entire body. She has Lyme.

Good luck in your decision making–
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I took one bactrim and got a rash so discontinued. My dermatologist said he had seen major skin problems from long-term sulpha use.

Good luck with your decision making.

Jan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.