Home Forums General Discussion Anxiety/depression

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy

Emmaline, how was Plaquenil? You might not can separate it from the Mex if you were on it together. Are you not on Plaquenil right now?

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

I tried Plaquenil last January ( a year ago ). I was on Methotrexate then, too. It did nothing to help me. My rheumy put me on Methotrexate again this February and I only took it for four weeks. The plan was to put me on Humira next week, but I heard of Mino treatment first and after reading the book, I can’t do the traditional drugs. I’ve hung in here trying to do it with alternative treatments for almost 2 years and I was desperate so I was about to give in, but I just knew there was some treatment out there I wasn’t aware of. Praise God there is!
    I’m waiting 2 weeks to start Mino while I finish a research project to graduate school.
    I live in WI where ticks are very prevalent and so many people have had tick bites. It is scary. I never found a tick on me, but who knows. I followed Dr. H. for a while as he is trying to lobby Congress to help people with Lyme get treated. Good Luck and I’m glad IGenix lab is a good one.
    I just woke up one day with two fingers stuck straight. They felt like they were broken and that’s when this all started. It was one week after a year long custody battle ended for my step-children. It was very stressful and I’m sure it triggered the RA. I remember I had Group-B Strep when I was pregnant. My son is almost five now. But the book talks about how strep may play a role.
    I look forward to sharing the journey and helping each other through this.

RBFV Edit to remove LLMD’s full surname, as per forum guidelines and policy (doctor initials are okay) to protect physician privacy. Thank you for your understanding.

Spiffy

Thanks, Emmaline, for sharing. I do hope the custody battle ended well for you. I know stress plays a part in our body blowing a gasket. It has been a stressful three years for me with family sicknesses, and deaths. If I could do it over again, I would have somehow taken better care of myself, but I did not know how. Not feeling well, I have learned that I do not always have to be the hero. Someone is there to fill in the gaps. My daughters are 11 and 15 and have surprised me by their maturity and helpfulness. My husband and mother keep buying things that are wheat, dairy, and egg free. Without them, I would have blown away by now. This has taught me so much. I still have not told most of my friends, but this has made me feel a little anti social, because I don’t like faking it either. Yes, this web site has been invaluable to me. It is nice to be among fellow soldiers. Take care, Happy Good Friday! Remember, that Jesus knows all about suffering. And he was only 33!

supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

emmaline
    Participant

I was a yoga teacher and massage therapist, so you’d think I had the stress thing under control, but it just broke me to see how bad the judge treated my husband and how unfair it all was. We’re still fighting for them, it’s complicated, but I have accepted Christ and grown strong in my faith and no matter what happens, I accept there is a greater plan.
    I’m so glad you have your family’s support. My son is only 4 and I hope my condition doesn’t traumatize him. When I feel good, I play with him all day! My husband and mom are great, and my church friends have been a blessing. Still, they don’t understand like the members on this forum. I feel like I’m reading my own thoughts in some pants and it is reassuring. I’ve told friends but mostly because I had to quit my job in the fall.
    Yes, Jesus knows suffering and I do see the beauty in being brought to your knees. I started a healing bible study in January with a few ladies. My greatest revelation has been, you have not because you ask not and because of your little faith. God does what he says he does, and I believe he will heal me. It may seem extreme, but I truly believe we must actively believe. Many people fear that if God doesn’t heal them, it means they don’t deserve it or that others will say, why didn’t your God heal you? But God has plans far beyond our understanding and Jesus’s death on the cross is a beautiful example of this.
    Happy Easter and God Bless!!!

pittRAlady
    Participant

I have a mutation. I take trazadone which has helped me with my night sweats and anxiety/depression I have had since I got sick.

Spiffy

I am heterozygous MTHFR myself! But remember our bodies have so many pathways that can overcome a genetic fault. But it certainly does also explain a few things to. I am taking Homocysteine Supreme even though those levels are fine. I had my folate rbc checked and it was right in the middle. Still waiting on an in depth magnesium lab and more food igg testing as well as a lyme test from igenex.

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi Spiffy,
    Sorry to hear about your anxiety and depression. I am going to tell you what worked for me and mad me start to feel better. I was dxd with RA and I found a few websites that seemed interesting and when I read about a no starch diet on kickas.org and ate just chicken and salad for a week I actually felt like my swelling and pain started to subside, very slowly. My food triggers were grains, dairy sugar, nightshades and starchy veggies and beef. It is a lot of food, but I did not feel anxious anymore because my pain was starting to lessen and I felt like I was in control of the pain because I knew what was causing it, whereas before I did not what was causing it and when it was going to stop.
    I am a Catholic and I believe in redemptive suffering, simply put it means this: You can offer up your pain and give it to God as a gift… like this, today when I have pain in my wrist I offer it up for my son that he finds a good woman to marry. Lets say I have a relative that is sick and in the hospital I will offer up some annoyance like someone cutting me off while driving for my sick relative. No pain goes to waste, we join our suffering with Our Lord. We immitate Him. He did not have to suffer and die for us, but He did. Lastly, remember He will never give you more than you can handle.

One last thing, I would not recommend the anti-depressants, I believe they make things worse. Take care, I will pray for you.

Spiffy

Valsmum, what sweet thoughts to put me to sleep tonight. You are so kind. I will begin to incorporate these prayerful actions, too. It all belongs to Him. Jesus definitely knows about suffering. He was only 33. How much more pain free time do I deserve? I have felt a little more positive lately because I am doing something as opposed to just waiting on more symptoms. I am so happy to be finding food allergies so I can help my body that way. My friends at the Road Back make me feel not so alone, and also serve as such inspirations for me. My family is so supportive. It is nice to know that I am loved unconditionally. You are an angel sent my way tonight!

Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.