Home Forums General Discussion Antibiotics side effects

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amis
    Participant

Hello,
    I am new to this web site and find it very friendly and informative. My question is: Are there any side effects from taking antibiotics for a long period of time? My naturopath said that it could affect one’s digestive system badly.
    Would appreciate if someone will share experience.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Amis
    If you type probiotics into the search box above right, lots of discussion on this will come up and should be of help to you

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

richie
    Participant

I take 200 mg of minocycline daily for the past 18 years –I am in complete remission but do not want to chance relapse –Zero side effects except for darkening of skin –zero effect on appetite -I eat anything that agrees with me –I should add I still take an anti reflux med which was one of the symptoms of scleroderma —the key is take plenty of probiotic -I take 7 capsules daily of PB8 -all at once in afternoon –no pro0blems no side effects at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.