Home Forums General Discussion anti-ccp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

My anti-ccp is 169  and the normal is below 60(i think). Does that mean that my joint erosion would be quick and swift.  I am taking mino 2*100mg daily.

thanks/ gupta

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Gupta,

Like you, my anti-CCP is somewhere above 60…my lab (Quest) doesn't give the exact number, just 60 as an upper limit, so I have no idea how high it is.

While RF can be elevated in any number of rheumatoid conditions and even in people who have no symptoms at all, the anti-CCP is considered to be confirmation of an RA dx, as well as a prognostic indicator of severity. The higher it is, the higher the chance for joint degeneration. That said, however, a small percentage of people also test false positive for anti-CCP, so there is really no guarantee either way. What seems to be consistant for me is the RF reading, which better reflects how I am feeling in present time. I get my bloodwork done every month or so and as I've improved, so has my RF declined (from mid 500s to mid 50s now). Anti-CCP in my personal experience, on the other hand, seems to be less sensitive in this regard and, from what I understand, can take longer to come down, in spite of physical improvement.

You might take heart, as I do, in knowing that others here on the BB have reported that their anti-CCP has come down over time while on AP, so it's not a static number, per say.

How long have you been on 100mg bid of mino? Are you seeing any improvements in your RA?

Peace, Maz

Tiff
    Participant

Hi Gupta,

Maz covered it pretty well.  I just wanted to say I also have had a similar experience, but unlike most folks I have seen on this board, I have been very low with my RF while having a high CCP.  At one time it was 194, but 6 months on AP and it dropped to 94.  I've had PRA (a form of RA) for nearly 3 years.  As of last summer there was no indication of joint damage yet.  I'm also on daily Minocin.  It isn't working well for me, so I will be starting a different protocol after spring break.  Keep in touch.

Lizz
    Participant

Gupta, it's all individual. I'm sero-negative and last check my anti-ccp was 68. I've had it bad in my right knee for two and a half years, yet the latest X-ray showed no damage ( only some osteo). Even my rhummey, who usually touts Enebrel or Plaquenil, said I was holding my own. I've been on minocin for 11 months, did daily dosing for a few months and then recently switched to M,W, F . You've got to do what's right for you and I would never personally ignore the joint damage issues, especially if it was going to affect my livlihood. Keep listening to all these wonderful people, they have been my lifeline, and I wish you smoother sailing in the weeks to come!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ anti-ccp’ is closed to new replies.