Home Forums General Discussion ankylosing spondylitis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

After more researching I’m starting to think all my symptoms are kind a like ankylosing spondylitis.

Has anyone here treated ankylosing spondylitis with antibiotics?

From my research I don’t think this AS is treated with ABX. Why is this happening to me??????

jasregadoo

Hi Worldofme,

I don’t think ankylosing spondylitis is as common here as Rheumatoid Arthritis or even Scleroderma, but it has been treated. Try doing a search within the forum and you can find some fellow patients. Also, on the stories section, there is one of an AS patient who is much better. They were also on Flagyl, which I think you’ve said really seems to help you. https://www.roadback.org/story/ankylosing-spondylitis-2/

If I were you, I would try to find the most experienced AP Doctor I could find, and see if they have advice. For some of us, it’s a matter of getting a doctor to write us the rx for minocycline, but for some conditions, it’s definitely more complicated than that. From what you’ve said, you may be one of these cases. But don’t give up hope. I believe you will get better. It may take awhile and a lot of work, but it’s possible. Hang in there.

lemons
    Participant

Hello worldofme , AS can be treated with ABX. There is a forum devoted to this type of arthritis that provides a significant amount of helpful information http://www.kickas.org

In the meantime, you may find drinking copious amounts of cranberry juice beneficial. AS has been linked to high incidences of people with urinary tract infections and cranberry juice can alleviate this.

MLTelfer
    Participant

Although three different diseases, Psa which I am interested is like a midpoint between AS and RA symptom-wise, so I have done a little reading on AS. I recommend you see your doctor for re evaluation. I got an extremely thorough work-up by my AP doctor in Riverside CA. It lasted an entire day, basically. It was doctor F and if interested check to see if he is in your insurance network. You can PM me for info if you want.

worldofme
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried abx and it helps with the symptoms but this is short lived until the med is in my system.

For example at the moment I’m taking doxy and flagyl together

This time around I plan on taking doxy for entire 3 months to ensure it penetrate prostate and take flagyl for months

To see if this goes away.

I just feel taking flagyl seems like toxic.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Ben,

This time around I plan on taking doxy for entire 3 months to ensure it penetrate prostate and take flagyl for months

Does the doxy seem to be helping reduce your prostatitis symptoms?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

Phil

Previously I took doxy for month no.

I started this Sundwy and so far no. I will take it for 4 weeks to make sure If it really helps.

I will do bactrim ds after doxy

Flagyl helps but not 100%.

I’m at roadblock now.

Prednisone helped little but too many side effects.

worldofme
    Participant

However joint pain are def in control with flagyl except back pain all other joint aches go away

MLTelfer
    Participant

If you haven’t tried it, Indomethicin is considered to be an especially effective NSAID for back pain in spondyloarthopathies. That with the Flagyl may give you relief.

MLTelfer
    Participant

Indomethicin is also on the Wal-Mart $4 prescription list.

worldofme
    Participant

is that better than Duexis?

Any thoughts on bactrim DS + Flagyl?

I’m not sure if i’m allergic to sulfa or not.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Ben,

Any thoughts on bactrim DS + Flagyl?

I think you should try it.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.