Home Forums General Discussion Ankles swollen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

So much for my regained ability to kneel, I now have badly swollen ankles instead. Yesterday both my ankles became very inflamed (its usually just the right one). Its almost like the swelling has dropped down from my knees. Can inflammation be a part of Herxing? Last night I was getting tiny sharp stabbing pains in my hands, arms and feet but not in any joints. Lower back is very stiff but Ive had problems with my lower back since my late teens. Shoulders are sore and pinching but not as bad as they have been ,and my heels and instep are quite painful, is this Herxing ?

Valsmum
    Participant

Have you felt less pain since starting mino?
    It is good you are seronegative for RA I read that it means you have better chance of getting better or your RA is not as severe as positive for RF factor. I don’t have any info for herxing, sorry. I react horribly to mosts meds I just have a sensitive system I guess?
    Hope you feel better REALLY soon. Take care.

lemons
    Participant

Hi Valsmum , since starting mino I haven’t noticed much difference in pain levels, shoulders are the worst. Hands still have areas of swelling near wrists but my ability to grip has returned. Swelling in ankles has improved since the weekend. I go for blood tests in 3 weeks so will get a clearer picture, Im hoping my rheumatoid factor hasn’t moved into sero positive which Ive read it can sometimes do in early RA 😕

Valsmum
    Participant

I hope you do not have it go into positive either. You know what helps my swelling and pain is a coffee enema. I know it sounds weird and gross, but I do feel a little bit better afterward. They have kinda elaborate bucket systems or you can just empty out the contents of two saline enema bottles from the drugstore and fill with organic coffee. Not a cure but it might take some of the swelling down.
    Hope you feel better soon, take care.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.