Home Forums General Discussion An all in one blood test

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Gee,the good news just keeps coming on.The University of Toronto developed a new blood test a couple of years ago during theSsars breakout.It is called Next Generation Sequencing. No more running back and forth to labs to get tested for this and that.This test will show ALL bugs and viruses in a single blow.Right now it is very expensive but they are saying it should be available in a couple of years at a much lower costThis test is available only thanks to super computers…believe it or not.
    This info camefrom CBC News

Maz
    Keymaster

Definitely worth watching for developments, Lynne.

http://media.utoronto.ca/media-releases/health-medicine/one-test-for-all-infections/

Wonder if it will be able to pick up the elusive Lyme bug in cystic form? One line that confuses me in the article is that they claim streamlining “30” different tests with just one test. Does that mean only 30 types of bugs can be identified by the test or that it’s up to the clinician to order which bugs they want to check for? Either way, this could pose limitations, but I hope you’re right that any genetic material of any known bug would be picked up and identified. Some bugs – stealth pathogens – might also be overlooked if they sequester host DNA or have as yet been unidentified as pathogenic to humans. Very exciting news despite my wondering! Thank you for sharing…must try to follow this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.