Home Forums General Discussion Alkaline water- pro and con

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

I’ve seen people post about liking alkaline water. I saw an article by Dr. Mercola that he doesn’t think it is a good idea. I can’t get the link now. I’m not sure about it but thought I would ask.

Jan

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Jan;
    I work with PH all the time for my orchids.I gather you know that 7 is neutral so if I want more acid,as many orchids do,I add a bit of phosphoric acid to get a 5.5 to 6.5. Lady slippers on the other hand need alkalie so I add calcium or baking soda to get it up to 9 or more. Anyone who would buy a machine is throwing out money.
    I have no idea why Dr. M. would be against alkalinity as many people have very hard water.Mine is 8.5 but really tastes good.I do have to use a water softener for household use or end up scrubbing off calcium deposits

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Lynne-

As I remember, Dr. Mercola thinks you should have a water filter. He sells carbon filters. He just doesn’t think you should have too much alkalinity.

Jan

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Lynne-

Thanks for the tip of adding baking soda to increase alkalinity. That is very helpful.

Jan

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

Still adding baking soda to make water more alkaline.

jaminhealth
    Participant

I continue to work to be more alkaline, with baking soda, fresh lemon, and pH drops by Body Rescue….

Also buy when whole foods or my market have it on sale, buy high alkaline bottle water….yes, I use bottle water….wouldn’t touch the tap waters here and especially since we were fluoridated 3 yrs ago…talk about worse joint issues…

That fluoride build up is a disaster….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.