Home Forums General Discussion air hunger

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rhonda
    Participant

I have seen this talked about a few time on the BB also read that this is a symptom of Lyme. I can relate to this, there are times that I feel that I just can't get enough air, I know that I have developed Asthma this last year, nothing big BUT this is different, there are just times that I feel that my body is not getting the oxygen that it needs when I breath, not all the time just sometimes. This is the best way that I can describe it. I had always wondered I just thought that my lungs were affected and being damaged as my rheumy told me that the lungs are affected with AS. Does this get better if you have Lyme and it is treated? Do you need something other than Mino to treat?

Also I find that mostly this happens at night, my heart will beat loudly I can hear it in my ear while lying on my pillow. Or I don't even need to take my pulse to know how fast my heart beat is as I can feel it through my head ear neck and chest. I tell my doctor he checks my pulse and blood pressure and says everything is fine, and thats it. Does anyone else have this problem? 
    Rhonda

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Rhonda,

Both symptoms can be Lyme-related, as per the CanLyme symptom list. If your doc has checked your heart out and run all the tests, you should be okay. 😉

Air hunger can be related to babesiosis, a coinfection of Lyme, which is treated with an anti-protozoal.

Aside from anxiety/panic attacks or asthma, these symptoms can be related to a number of other conditions, too – thyroid comes to mind. Have you had your thyroid levels checked? You're quite young, so your doc may not have routinely checked this. Just throwing out some suggestions, but others may be able to add something here.

Peace, Maz

Jennhere
    Participant

I didn't know it was part of the long list of problems… Something just made sense to me, though…!  I was all of a sudden dxed with asthma prior to finding out about AP.  I thought it was insane.  I'd never had asthma before.  All my breathing problems went away on AP.  Soooo nuts how it's all connected. 

Jenn

And I've been woken up with the racing heart, etc.  My mom says it was a panic attack.  I tend to think it's all connected to the need for ap.  All of that horror stopped on AP- for me.  I hope you find that happens with yourself, as well.:)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ air hunger’ is closed to new replies.