Home Forums General Discussion Advise please

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you Maz. I cannot believe it! Now I can see that my rheumatologist didn’t care much about me. Even on my last visit some months ago he asked me if I was sure I didn’t want to try Humira again. Never mentioned any additional tests, just a basic blood test. So it looks that in my case it would be a good idea to stop Mino for 6 weeks and do some tests for mycoplasma and tb.
    Linda L.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Linda L wrote:

I cannot believe it! Now I can see that my rheumatologist didn’t care much about me. Even on my last visit some months ago he asked me if I was sure I didn’t want to try Humira again. Never mentioned any additional tests, just a basic blood test. So it looks that in my case it would be a good idea to stop Mino for 6 weeks and do some tests for mycoplasma and tb.

Linda, very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, all of us have to become our own best advocates and cannot rely on doctors being knowledgeable about everything – they are human, after all – although this oversight by a doctor who specializes in rheumatology is surprising. 😮

Anonymous
    Participant

I have decided to do a wash-out from Mino for a week /and then to reduce it to 50 mg M/W/F from 100mg everyday/, so yesterday was the 3rd day without Mino. At the same time I had lemon/oil detox everyday for the last four days /1 lemon a day/ I have been taking 1mg LDN every night for the last 7 days. Three days ago I started to feel sharp, short pains on the sides of my right heel. Yesterday evening I discovered that the right ankle was swollen. I was in a panic. The night was terrible with the pain all over and worse in the morning, but the ankle wasn’t swollen.
    Is it Herxing? Have I done anything wrong? Should I start Mino today or wait till the end of wash-out? Maybe I should stop LDN?
    I know from our forum that some people get worse, some better.
    I will be grateful for your comments.
    Linda L.

Anonymous
    Participant

Interesting. I have stopped lemon/oil detox and LDN for 2-3 days it is better. Still without Mino, 6th day toady. What does it mean? Was it Herx?
    Linda L.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Linda L wrote:

Interesting. I have stopped lemon/oil detox and LDN for 2-3 days it is better. Still without Mino, 6th day toady. What does it mean? Was it Herx?
    Linda L.

Hi Linda,

If a person feels better after a wash-out (which is a test for this), then it usually means the body has been in a hypersensitivity state and was having trouble detoxing the bacterial antigens (these are the endotoxins the bugs release as they are dying and during the normal course of their life cycles). If you can, re-read the Henry Scammell book, because Brown talks about “bacterial allergy” (meaning “bacterial hypersensitivity”) in it and this is what he believed was causing the rheumatic’s problems – basically an allergy to the bug’s toxins causing tissue inflammation. These can build up in the tissues, if the body is unable to get rid of them fast enough. This is why so many here find it important to detox – e.g. drinking half one’s body weight in ounces of water a day (i.e. if 120 lbs, then 60 ozs of water), the lemon/olive oil slow liver flush drink, boosting glutathione which is the body’s master detoxifying agent, using antioxidative strategies, such as Vit C, ALA, grapeseed, etc., etc.

I think it’s pretty interesting to note that a very well-known medical institution in the US (Brigham and Women’s Hosp in Boston) is studying ascorbyl palmitate gel injections for the joints of mice with RA-like collagen-induced arthritis. They have had great success in mice and I guess we will see if this makes it to human trials. The Vit C gel only releases into the tissues of the joint when inflammation is present, so it does not get absorbed into the body and just acts to reduce the effects of the arthritis. Scroll to bottom of this link:

http://arthritis.answers.com/types-of-arthritis/rheumatoid-arthritis-latest-advancements-in-ra-research

m.
    Participant

In a recent thread, titled Elevated Liver Enzymes, mpw noted that TARCI is still in business and doing tests, now renamed The Malaria and Rheumatic Disease Research Institute.

I found the thread by searching “malaria institute”.

Maz
    Keymaster

@m. wrote:

In a recent thread, titled Elevated Liver Enzymes, mpw noted that TARCI is still in business and doing tests, now renamed The Malaria and Rheumatic Disease Research Institute.

I found the thread by searching “malaria institute”.

Hi m,,

Funny you should mention this, m., because I just got word yesterday, indirectly from Millie Coker-Vann, the lab director, that TARCI had moved locations and now has new contact info to request testing. This is great news because the concern was that the lab had closed. Turns out that the website was taken down as it was creating so many requests for info that it was taking the technicians away from their work. Great shame because it had such good info for patients and docs on it and I now wish I had saved some of the material. If anyone needs the lab details we now have these.

Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you Maz. It sounds logical.
    Linda L.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.