Home Forums General Discussion Acid reflux due to Gall Stones?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

[user=1619]MMW[/user] wrote:

Contrary to what many say, I am wondering if one can have parasite and GAIN wt instead of losing wt.   I never have losing wt issues.   It always is a gaining or maintaining issue.   One big lifelong battle.   🙁

MMW, I read your post a day or two ago, and just now was skimming over Dr. Mercola's newsletter, in which weight gain was discussed as relating to gut flora.  Have copied and am pasting a portion of the article here.  Hopefully, the link I'm also pasting won't make the text go off the right margin of the page.  To read the rest of the article, click on the link below. 

I've more information on some of the things you mention about your case, which I will post a bit later, which can be helpful in “capturing” toxins and forcing them to be excreted.  Good luck to you.  AF

<span style="font-size:1]http%;”>

Your Gut's Microflora Also Impacts Your Weight

The microflora in your digestive system is also emerging as a major player in weight management, and needless to say, junk food and weight gain typically go hand in hand.

Your gut flora is by no means the only underlying reason for this, but it does play an important part.

Multiple studies have shown that obese people have different intestinal bacteria than slim people, and it appears that the microbes in an overweight body are much more efficient at extracting calories from food.

Researchers have also suggested that certain bacteria may cause low-grade inflammation in your body, further contributing to obesity and difficulty to lose weight.

One such study found that the bifidobacteria counts taken from infants at the age of 6 months and 12 months were twice as high in healthy weight children as in those who became overweight, while S. Aureus levels were lower.

Interestingly, this finding may explain why breast-fed babies are also at a lower risk of obesity, as bifidobacteria flourish in the guts of breast-fed babies.

The breast-fed Italian babies in the study above were also the only ones harboring bacteria resembling the African children's, which indicates your “diet may dominate other factors such as ethnicity, sanitation, geography or climate,” the researchers said.

Two previous studies found that obese people had about 20 percent more of a family of bacteria known as firmicutes, and almost 90 percent less of a bacteria called bacteroidetes than lean people. (Firmicutes help your body to extract calories from complex sugars and deposit those calories in fat.)

This latest study confirms those results, as here too, the African children had significantly higher levels of Bacteroidetes and far lower levels of the firmicutes linked to obesity.

How to Optimize the Bacteria in Your Gut[/size]

MMW
    Participant

Thanks A friend,

This was an interesting article. 

Now, if I can just find the right probiotic.   I took 3 Capsules of one that has Spores (Syntol) the other day, and son of a gun…..the gas was unbearable. 

I either get severe debilitating gas with abdominal pain (sometimes for days) or I get throat issues.   

Then there is the issue of maybe being one of  the unlucky ones that have lactobacilliosis.  Haven't been tested …but I have my suspicions about it.  Hope I don't because this rules out taking probiotics.  Just haven't figured out where to get proper testing at.

http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlFilePath=journals/ijanp/vol6n1/vaginosis.xml

http://www.probiotics-lovethatbug.com/cytolytic-vaginosis.html

http://www.encognitive.com/node/6031

http://nurse-practitioners-and-physician-assistants.advanceweb.com/Article/Cytolytic-Vaginosis-And-Lactobacillosis.aspx

Marianne

PhilC
    Participant

[user=1619]MMW[/user] wrote:

Now, if I can just find the right probiotic.   I took 3 Capsules of one that
    has Spores (Syntol) the other day, and son of a gun…..the gas was unbearable.

Hi Marianne,

I examined the ingredients in Syntol as well as several of the other probiotics
    you have taken (PB 8, Pharmax Intensive, Vital 10) and see a likely culprit: inulin.

See:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=inulin+%28gas+OR+bloating%29&start=0

Suggestion: Avoid probiotics that contain inulin or fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
    and see if that helps.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

MMW
    Participant

Hi Phil,

Thank you so much for the infomation. 

I had ruled out FOS in the past, but now I will reopen my investigations on this being the culprit.   I loved the sites you sent that lead me to this article about FOS and why it isn't alway “a friend”.  http://www.naturalnews.com/022356.html  In fact it could be a foe.

Based on this article, I think it is best not to include inulin in our diet if one has a messed up flora.   Apparently, it can feed the BAD bacteria (klebsiella and some yeast strains) as well as the good.  Many probiotics do have FOS in it.

What was very intriquing in the above article was when the author ate yogurt for 2 wks that had FOS in it and then ended up in the hospital.

About a year ago I consumed my usual brand of Stoney Field yogurt.  1 hr later I was on the floor in dire abdominal pain.  I went to check the ingredients and noticed that that it had new strains of probiotics in it that it did not have in it before.   I noticed it had L Rhamsous in it.  Thinking that was the culprit, I don't buy this brand and stick to Brown Cow or Straus which does not have this additional strain in it.

Now the question begs to be asked….maybe it wasn't LRhamsous but FOS.  I didn't notice that ingredient.   And if I did, I would have dismissed it.   I do use Sweetleaf Stevia packets that have FOS in it and never been bothered by it.

But this article addresses the different amounts that individual can tolerate before experiencing problems.    Maybe the small amount in the packet of stevia is nothing compared to the 600mg found in the 4 Syntol probiotic capsules that caused me problems or even the 300mg in one capsule of “High Potency” probiotic by pharmax.

Another reason I had ruled out FOS is when I place a bottle of High Potency probiotic by pharmax on my dr.'s electrodermal machine.   It showed my body had EXTREME uncompatability with it.   (It has the FOS)  So then I put the “Intensive” probiotic also by Pharmax (without FOS in it) on the machine.  It showed I was just slightly above the border of compatability.   So then the final test came.   I placed a packed of stevia with FOS on the machine and nothing.   No problems…my body didn't mind this product.   So I threw the whole FOS being the culprit out the window.

Never thought that the AMOUNT of FOS ingested could be  the key! 

Since then I have used the “Intensive” probiotics off and on.  Even though this does not have FOS, after a week or so I start being bothered by it in a different way.  (throat issues).   So I stop this as well.  That is why I now am dealing with yeast problems. 

I was wondering if just maybe, the dosage of probiotics that we use daily, can impact some  in a negative way.  I know “INTENSIVE” is a higher dosage.

So it is between the FOS (back on the table and many thanks to you) or still the uncertain probiotic strains that I narrow it down to. I will look up the probiotic you recommended from enzymatic and check them out. 

Thanks for your tip.

Marianne

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Acid reflux due to Gall Stones?’ is closed to new replies.