Home Forums General Discussion According to my Doc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

According to Dr. F. (my ap doctor) Clindamycin is the best of the best of ABX to treat SD. Since I have experienced DILE with minocycline, I will be going over using clindamycin with him in about 6 weeks.

richie
    Participant

Hi Your doctor as a first option uses minocycline for the treatment of scleroderma –DILE is very rare but I guess you were the unfortunate one to get it –It is seldom heard of here on this board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    richie

PhilC
    Participant

I don’t understand why your doctor doesn’t switch you to doxycycline — it’s the logical thing to do when a patient develops DILE from taking minocycline. And there’s no reason why you can’t be on both clindamycin and doxycycline. Mino + clindy or doxy + clindy — these are common AP combinations.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

may8
    Participant

Can somebody explain what is DILE ? Much appreciated and thanks .

Minocycline HCL 200 mg daily
    Imuran 100 mg daily
    Adalat XL 20 mg daily
    Prevacid 30 mg
    Pilocarpine 5 mg
    Probiotic, multi vit, vit c, omega 3, d3, b12

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Can somebody explain what is DILE ? Much appreciated and thanks .

Drug-induced lupus erythematosus (DIL or DILE)

Hope this helps!

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

may8
    Participant

Thank you lynnie_sydney. When I told my rheumy in my last visit that I am on AP, he advised me to rethink abt. this option that it is not proven and that AP can result in lupus like symptoms and I guess he meant DILE. Keeping my fingers crossed that AP will be the treatment for me. It has just been 4 months, and not much of a relief to report, but keeping positive.
    Keep healthy.

Imuran 100 mg daily
    Adalat XL 20 mg daily
    Prevacid 30 mg
    Pilocarpine 5 mg

may8
    Participant

justdiagnosedchris, can you tell me how you develop DILE, what other symptoms did you develop and how fast was it diagnosed after you started on Mino. Thanks

Imuran 100 mg daily
    Adalat XL 20 mg daily
    Prevacid 30 mg
    Pilocarpine 5 mg

richie
    Participant

Since you arent seeing any results –the possibility strongly exists that you are taking too light of a dose –DILE is so rare that I would suggest you not even give it any mind unless you have definite lupus symptoms –The majority of folks with diffuse take 200 mg daily of minocycline –I am taking 200 mg daily for 16 years now and have complete remission –your dose is 300 mg weekly my dose is 1400 mg weekly —-AS long as you take enough probiotic -you shouldnt have any difficulties -I use the 1400 mg weekly now as a maintenance dose –never changed even when I got all better —
    richie

may8
    Participant

Richie, I have since then increased my mino to 100mg x 2 daily after the 1st month. I need to correct the dosage in my profile. Experiencing increased joint pain and excruciating r shoulder pain with no relief after physiology and accupuncture.

It is good to know that DILE is rare, I was scared when my rheumy mentioned it, definitely don’t need another disease to deal with when we are dealing with this horrible inpredictable disease. Thanks

Imuran 100 mg daily
    Adalat XL 20 mg daily
    Prevacid 30 mg
    Pilocarpine 5 mg

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

may – it sounds like you have some overlapping inflammation with your SD. I also notice that you began AP in May this year. That is not a long time ago. Because of this, if you changed your protocol reasonably recently, you may well be experiencing a “herx” response.

It is very difficult for SDers to consider dialling back their dose because the main thing is for them to get their disease under control at the earliest possible time. So, ensure you are doing everything to de-tox (lots and lots of filtered or bottle water), far-infrared saunas can help a lot too. Others will no doubt chime in with what de-tox methods helped them.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.