Home Forums General Discussion A thought for some of to chew on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Loria Chaddon
    Participant

Here is a thought for all of us spouses/loved ones of the, shall we say, 'afflicted' :P.  If this is caused by an infection, and the antibiotics do actually work to clear out that infection, are WE reinfecting our loved ones on a constant basis?

Logically, if the person we kiss is infected with something, we will also become infected.  But while THEY are being treated to clear out the infection, WE are not.  We remain carriers. *like Typhoid Mary*  We don't get sick because we are not predisposed to the sensitivity.  They do, because they are. 

Following a logical train of thought, it would seem possible that I introduced a microbe into my husband's system that he was sensitive to that was not there until we met.  I came from a completely different part of the country (his Alaska, to my Mississippi) and would have been exposed to different things than he was. 

Hmm, I wonder if I could be a carrier of something like Lyme without being reactive to the bug.  I was bitten by ticks more than a few times back home…………………. Food for thought.

casey
    Participant

Hi Lori,

L-form bacteria IS a communicable , infectious disease. I believe we can pass these bacteria to others, mostly our family unit due to close contact.

Gath nicolson, http://www.immed.org found this in a high % of gulf war illness veterans , and after 10 yrs , family members were still coming out with symptoms.

If you go to the bacteriality site i posted on the VIT D post, you will find links there showing this also. bacteria and babies , bacteria vs genetic predispostion are a few links.

Dr. Brown ,in his book found , “mycoplasma has an affinity for the joints and urogenital tract so this to me also says it can be passed via placenta or sexual contact.JMO

Myco pneumoniae has been found to be passed through coughing and there have been outbreaks in this.

Clamdyia is also proven to be passed as well as Lyme.

There is much more on this where i have researched and i do think it depends on the immune system of the recipient ,whether they develop some kind of illness or disease , whether they display symptoms or whether they live to 100 and show nothing. I think it depends on the  total bacterial load and how the immune system can handle it is what i see makes the difference here.

In the end , this is my belief and mine only, do i believe my hubby and i can pass this to each other. YES but this is just my opinion.

Casey

Casey

casey
    Participant

oops, i should have said L-form bacteria is an communicable, infectious bacteria, not a disease. Got my words mixed up!

Casey

John McDonald
    Participant

The docs who think we have auto-immune diseases have noticed that there is some weak familial aggregation for e.g., lupus or RA, more than can be predicted by chance. So they claim that there is a 1% or 2% genetic predisposition. After all, to them it can't be infectious. But they only consider RA to RA, or Lupus to Lupus, or Asthma to Asthma. If you lump these as Th1 diseases as TM does, then suppose that infection might present as any of these “auto-immune” diseases, then the family aggregation becomes huge. Now that would make much more sense as an infectious etiology.

In our family I presented with RA, my bride presented with asthma and pre-diabetes, my 11yo with asthma and my 13yo with attention deficit disorder. Spouse and I have had herxing that crosses a simple diagnosis boundry, e.g., Cricket herxed with RA arthralgia, something she had never had before antibiotics. My 11yo responded beautifully to Minocycline and is no longer bothered by asthma. Indeed she is a soccer allstar. My 13yo had some amazing ADD herxes when I sampled some Minocycline to her. It sure sounds like we four have an aggregation of Th1 disease.

Loria Chaddon
    Participant

Seems to me that it would be logical to test loved ones for infection as well, and treat everyone who is infected to help cut the risk of reinfection.  Maybe this would prevent children of those who are ill from becoming ill themselves.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  I think I will talk about this with Dr. S when we see him.  It would be nice to know if we are both infected, even if it is just to satisfy my curiousity.

Loria Chaddon
    Participant

John, who do you see for AP?  We are planning to see Dr. S in June, but a closer Dr who is just as good might be more cost effective.  Would you mind e-mail me about your Dr.?

Thanks.

John McDonald
    Participant

Loria,

My doc is local right in my home town. Do you get down this way? I would think Iowa would be as close to Alaska at least as the crow flies. Ah, but in any case, regrettably, my doc isn't accepting new patients. It is good to be popular, no?

There is a Dr. G in Santa Rosa (San Francisco area) who is well thought of. There is also a Dr. B in British Columbia.

Anonymous
    Participant

Loria:

There is a doctor in Alaska, Anchorage I believe, who is a proponent of the Marshall Protocol and has a number of patients on this treatment.  I only know this because there is a growing cohort of Alaskans who are posting regularly on marshallprotocol.com.  If you are interested, you could request a doctors list for Alaska from mp.com.

Carol

Loria Chaddon
    Participant

I am not so sure I could get my husband to go so far as attempting the Marshall Protocol at this stage.  Compared to that AP therapy is really simple.  But I will give him the info on it, anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

John McDonald
    Participant

An MP doc might be good to approach for AP and vice versa. For example you could ask for MP without the Benicar. Aside from an encyclopedia britanica of description, that and vitamin D are the key differences. Really.

linda
    Participant

In Henry Scammell's book, Ch. 4 talks about whether RA is a communicable disease. It states that it is transmissable, but not directly between spouses and family members. Dr. Bruce Rothschild thought it was a two-component vector system, “That meant that two things had to happen at once before the disease could be passed along.”  He also believed that the trigger was either a microorganism or an allergy, but was a slow acting agent, and that there were similarities to Lyme, altho Lyme is not caused by a slow acting agent. Does anyone know if Lyme is considered communicable?; I have not heard that it is, but I'm not very knowledgeable about Lyme
    disease.

I had severe allergies and asthma as a child, then began to develop PsA about age 12. There is no history of any AI dx in my mother or father's side of the family, I have one sister who has been healthy her whole life. I had pneumonia 15 times, she's never had it to my knowledge. I have 3 children, grown now, who have shown no signs of AI dx, but my youngest did have mild asthma and allergies as a child. Interestingly, he had no resp illness whatsoever until he was 5 y/o, then he caught bronchitis. We treated it with abx and he got better, but a few months later he began to show symptoms of asthma. Another example of a 2 component vector system? Anyway, as often as I was sick, you'd think that someone in my family would've also developed arthritis if one only needed to be exposed to the bacteria, but no one did.

The 2 component vector system makes sense in my case; the genetic predisposition has to be there in order for the bacteria to trigger the immune response. That's not to say the bacteria aren't transmissable, just that they won't trigger the immune response if there is no genetic predisposition.

I also had endometriosis, which is being studied as a possible AI disease; many women who have endometriosis develop arthritis later on in their life. My mother did have endometriosis. Asthma, allergies, endometriosis, PsA, FMS- Oi, why did I get ALL the bad genes??? My sister used to tease me and tell me I was adopted, too bad for her I look just like my mother and her father ( a true Irish scoundrel and the best man I've ever known).

You know, I'm almost beginning to make some sense out of all of this. We'll see how long it lasts!

casey
    Participant

I seen a Lyme presentation done by a doctor who was in mainstream medicine. His wife got sick and then he did. Through much stuggling to find out what the bottom line was, it was Lyme. both their tests came back pos for it. They both went on an abx protocol , somewhat different from AP and they have done well. In his speech/presentation , he said he and his wife passed it sexually. Both need to be treated. He did say many of these bacteria are passed sexually, and that not many want to accept or treat it as such ..yet.

He now is out of mainstream medicine and treats Lyme patients and others with CWD bacteria. 

On that note, ureaplasma is also a mycoplasma form or CWD bacteria. It is almost always associated as a STD. When treatment for that is used, it is always recommended both partners be treated. I uncovered much info about this in “pubmed” under lupus and mycoplasma. I also read something about mycoplasma hominis and ureaplasma on a RB info paper and that they are 2 different bacteria that need 2 different abx. I have also read these 2 have been found in a high % of lupus patients when they look for it.

The thing is, not much of this has been looked into , period , rheumatic wise etc ( except in the way we have all here found our way), so in my opinion, few have looked into the routes of transmissiion of all of these bacterial infections.

Casey

For example  and just a peice of info. We have a farm and 10 yrs ago we had our cows aborting at 3 to 5 months gestation. We went through many vets and much money to try and find out why.  We finally found 1 vet who tested for ureaplasma. Came back positive. The animals were treated with.. liquid tetracycline in the vaginal canal, and within 1 yr , were all bred back and all gave birth to full term , healthy calves. Apparently was passed either by the bull we bred with or, the new cow we bought was infected and passed it around from contact. ( excuse me for this but when a cow is in heat, another cow will jump and try to ride her) you will notice that in a field of cows if one is unbred and in heat. We dont know the route of transmission here but it is one of the 2 or both!

DianeWI
    Participant

Hi Loria,

It does make one wonder about passing it around.  For instance, I have five sisters that do not have nearly the illness that I have.  When I was young I had chronic ear infections, allergies, then Fibromyalgia, then Chronic Fatigue, then Multiple Connective Tissues Disease and Raynauds, and now SD has been added to the mess.  I have been at the treatment for 16 yrs however, I'm not tolerating it all so well anymore.   One thing I might add…I have three daughters.  All three have Fibromyalgia with migraine headaches being a serious issue.  My youngest was diagnosed with JRA at 5.  She is now 23.  She went into remission but I worry about her especially if she has children one day.  A lot of my ailments got worse after pregnancies.   Dr. S. in Iowa found Pneumonia C Mycoplasma.  Perhaps it has been passed on to my daughters.  Hubby is so far, pretty healthy, though he is becoming more allergic to pollen.  He takes Watkins Rezist and it controls it well. If he gets off of it, he has more symptoms.

Diane

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Casey;
       I suspect that these diseases can be transmitted but that we have to have the genetic predisposition and poor immune systen to catch whatever TH1 disease we might get.I have SD,my sister has Lupus and MCTD,my cousin has severe Fibro and Chronic Fatigue,my aunt had Polymyalgia Rheumatica,my mom died of Altzheimer's that might be TH1 and her mom(grandma) die of Huntingdon's Chorea.Now it looks like my other sister is coming down with RA.All of this sure makes me wonder???????

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=11]linda[/user] wrote:

Quote:
    Does anyone know if Lyme is considered communicable?; I have not heard that it is, but I'm not very knowledgeable about Lyme disease.

/quote]

Yes, as Casey mentioned, I have also come across literature saying that Lyme is communicable, both sexually and cross-placentally to a fetus.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ A thought for some of to chew on’ is closed to new replies.