Home Forums General Discussion A thought for me to ponder and short update!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    casey
    Participant

Hello all!

Have something to ponder about. I have had 2 labs in the past do my sons strep titre. They  use different reference ranges.

Lab 1–  strep in normal range, done in Dec

Lab 2 –tests done every 2 weeks since last yr… below 65 is in normal range..his always floating between 103 nd 127

Now, because he turned 13 , and it is done by age, the reference range went to 263 from 65 ,so overnight , on paper, one would think he is in “normal ” range now.

I like to look at the new reference range and make myself think “well this looks good” but i know better. Strept still there and is really good at hiding. hope it decides to jump out sometime soon so we can KILL it.

Also, got my ANA test back, the ones i fought the rheumy for copies of .  My ANA was 1:320 before AP last yr with a pos RNP and speckled pattern. This one still has a pos RNP , speckled pattern but the ANA went down to 1:80. CRP is in normal range now compared to last yr. ESR still on a roller coaster ride with my urinalysis labs. Dont know about my vitD tests till i see AP doc next month.  I just hope everything keeps improving and by the way, rashes and hives that i had daily for pretty much a year are now maybe once a week. Feels good not to be so darned itchy as our local farm store was running out of cow scratch brushes.  Keeping my fingers crossed so far and hope things keep getting better .

Casey

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘ A thought for me to ponder and short update!’ is closed to new replies.