Home Forums General Discussion A question about when you start AP.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

I started AP yesterday. My doctor has me on minocycline twice a day for Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I feel really really dizzy since I woke up today. I am just wondering if this is the beginning of the herxing. I really would like to have some feedback on this. Does anyone else get dizzy? And does it ever go away?

richie
    Participant

Hi For some reason the first place the minocycline goes is to the middle ear –this causes dizziness and sometimes nausea –it usually passes over in a week or so –it has nothing to do with a herx —
    richie

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

thanks richie!

enzed
    Participant

@richie wrote:

Hi For some reason the first place the minocycline goes is to the middle ear –this causes dizziness and sometimes nausea –it usually passes over in a week or so –it has nothing to do with a herx —
    richie

Very interesting information Richie. In 2009 I suddenly went quite deaf and needed hearing aids. A few months later I was diagnosed with SD. It’s now almost two years since I began AP. One of the changes I noticed was that my hearing slowly began to improve to the point where I stopped wearing the hearing aids. It has continued to improve and is now quite good. From what you say, I expect I may have had a middle ear infection along with all the rest and the AP has been successful in reversing the hearing loss the infection caused. Now 68 years of age I didn’t expect my hearing to improve – but it has. And yes, I did get very dizzy when I began AP but put it down to the herxing I experienced. The herxing was dramatic and also brought dramatic improvements with it as time went on.

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

Do a couple beer and cigarettes harm anything?

lemons
    Participant

@JustDiagnosedChris wrote:

Do a couple beer and cigarettes harm anything?

I still drink (mainly red wine) and it doesn’t seem to be doing me any harm. As for smoking, I quit over two years ago and then the RA kicked in, Im sure there is a link.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

sulfites are not at all good for anyone (esp those with chronic diseases) and are in red wine (as in sulphur-dioxide) as a preservative. If you buy preservative free wine, should be okay on that front.
    Activated B6 I have been told by my Functional Medicine practitioner will go some way to counteracting the sulphites.
    Beer would generally contain malt which has gluten. Gluten is generally found to be a prime culprit in Leaky Gut and to promote inflammation as a result.

Alcohol I believe is regarded as a complete no-no for anyone with Lyme and many Lyme patients report intolerance.

sigh……

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

JustDiagnosedChris
    Participant

Alright, thanks guys just checking.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

I also noted that I have issues with beer and wine so I stay away unless I have a sip on a special occasion. Getting total tired that I have to lie down after only a small amount of alcohol
    Eva

Eva Holloway

mpw
    Participant

I’m curious what this means? If you don’t mind me asking.

Borderline SD caused by 2 different infections. Mycoplasma and a viral infection.

What is SD?

richie
    Participant

Cigarettes are just plain harmful —The possibility exists that a person with SD can develop lung problems –if a person smokes on top of it –sure death
    richie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.