Home Forums General Discussion A Closer Look at Dr. Budwig’s work & Links

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    A Friend
    Participant

The following has been copied/pasted from a follow-up post I made to Ariel regarding her comments that she includes no oils in her regimen. I was curious if she had found another “source” that possibly was helpful… similar to what I “accidentally” found back in 1999 that worked a few miracles for myself.

Below, also pasted, is a copy of Ariel’s post and my reply… which includes a link to Dr. Budwig’s work. I’m thinking this may become helpful to some — or many — of us. Not only does it appear that the Budwig formula I used/use worked a few miracles for myself, but just might possibly work a few miracles for those of us posting here on the board.

Ariel wrote: I also think it’s great that you got such great results using yogurt and flax. I’ve done so much reading and research and realize there’s so many different “good” options. At the end of the day, it’s about finding what works for you. So, that’s kind of what I did. I talked with a few people on the McDougall site that had rheumatoid disease and had gotten such great results with just changing their diets, etc.

I appreciate you sharing your story. Good for you!

AF’s reply to Ariel:
    Ariel, just an emphasis… and clarification… that the important ingredient in this combination is not “flax” but “flaxseed oil” (refrigerated, unrefined, containing all of the Essential Fatty Acids from “Mother Nature” — when I began using flaxseed oil, I chose the refrigerated Flora brand, and continue using it today. This is one of several very important links found more recently that I think could be important for all of us to read and save, as it seems to say this formula can repair faulty DNA or damaged genes:
    http://www.budwigcenter.com/ [Also, want to add this link that includes parasites (yeast/fungus) which most of us develop early in our illnesses… and know nothing about this debilitating problem; this link addresses this — and was probably another thing the flaxseed oil combination addressed in my own case (though I never saw overt signs; my case was systemic overgrowth): http://www.budwigcenter.com/parasites/#.VNDxCGctHF8

Best to you all,
    AF

A Friend
    Participant

EDIT added:
    ADDITION OF AN IMPORTANT LINK REGARDING KIDNEY FAILURE…. in which more solid information and testing are listd under “References” at the end of the article. To read this information under a different POST title, go to:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=79310

Forgotten post of several years ago: I was surprised when I just did an Internet search for information related to Dr. Johanna Budwig’s work with Essential Fatty Acids. A post about Dr. Budwig appeared from the search on the Internet which I’d forgotten I had posted several years ago.
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8193

I opened the link, and another article link was also included in the previous post, relating to Dr. Budwig’s formula and the formula’s capability of detoxing the cells of the body. This ability can be/has been experienced by many, even those for whom no other treatment had been effective. It is amazing how the Essential Fatty Acids can actually detox our cells of toxic waste that the body has not been able to detox.

Am thinking in some patients with genetic predisposition to weaknesses in being able to detox, Dr. Budwig’s formula apparently works in this way, and may be the reason cancer patients and patients with other serious diagnoses get much better gradually as they continue using what is sometimes called “the Budwig formula.”

This is the link to a previous post done several years ago on Roadback Bulletin Board that I had forgotten I had done :
    RBF post Budwig EFAs BioDetoxification Cells Toxic Waste Sugar
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8193

AF

Trudi
    Participant

Hi AF–

Thanks for taking the time to share this info. Very interesting. I’ve just started eating cottage cheese again because I found one that does not include unnecessary additives: http://www.kalonasupernatural.com/our-products/

Do you recommend a certain brand of flaxseed/oil?* I read the Budwig recipe; do you add more of their added recommendations to your cottage cheese and flaxseed oil?

*I reread your post and see you use the Flora brand.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

A Friend
    Participant

@Trudi wrote:

Hi AF–

………. I’ve just started eating cottage cheese again because I found one that does not include unnecessary additives: http://www.kalonasupernatural.com/our-products/

AF replied: My health store has only recently begun handling Kalonasupernatural cottage cheese and yogurt, and I do purchase it as well as Nancy’s Lowfat Cottage Cheese now. I usually purchase at least one of the quarts of the yogurt, as well as a container of cottage cheese, and even sometimes mix a bit of the yogurt to help the cottage cheese blend better. When I began eating yogurt with flaxseed oil stirred into it, I was in a wasting syndrome, but I didn’t know that’s what was going on. By the time I had read a brief health article telling how important EFA’s were to our health (and it WAS impressive) that’s when I decided to add the flaxseed oil/as EFA’s (Essential Fatty Acids — and learned that these EFAs were in the Flora brand liquid flaxseed oil). To make it taste better, I began using a sweetener to the mixture (Kal powdered stevia has been my choice for a long time) and often adding fresh fruit in season or chopped apple, etc. to it, and it is good, and makes a good healthy treat.

Flora is the flaxseed oil I’ve always used and purchased from the same health store since about 1997-98. Be sure to notice the “Press Date” and the “Expiration Date” on the bottle. It’s important that it is not old/expired. Also, I’ve read that if one would like to keep it in the freezer, it will remain pourable, does not freeze, and may stay fresher even longer. Flora brand is the only brand I’ve ever used, because I knew some history about another Flora brand product and was impressed with it, so felt like it was a good choice.

Take care,
    Trudi

Trudi
    Participant

AF–

When I began eating yogurt with flaxseed oil stirred into it

Did you ever use a blender to mix it together like their recipe calls for? It certainly would be a lot easier to just stir it together.

Do you always use the oil? Some of my research indicated that fresh ground flaxseed has more nutrients.

Thanks much,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

A Friend
    Participant

@Trudi wrote:

AF–

When I began eating yogurt with flaxseed oil stirred into it

Did you ever use a blender to mix it together like their recipe calls for? It certainly would be a lot easier to just stir it together.

Do you always use the oil? Some of my research indicated that fresh ground flaxseed has more nutrients.

Thanks much,
    Trudi

Trudi, I had been stiring the mixture together for several years before I ever heard about Dr. Budwig, and it being good for cancer, etc. I just knew that what I had been doing/eating tasted good, and had made me looking and feeling very healthy. In more recent years, when I found a web site dedicated to educating about Dr. Budwig’s work, I saw a video showing/recommending the use of an Immersion Bender. I was going to get one, but did not find one locally. Just today I did an online search for one (a KitchenAid ad for one is on J C Penneys and another brand at Macy’s . I do plan to order one; have given up finding one locally.

About the ground flaxseed, I grind a small amount of seed and store in a covered jar in the fridge — or it deteriorates rapidly. I like the texture it gives to my concoctions, plus it’s healthy. However, you can probably find that you would have to consume far too much of the seed to get the amount of flaxseed oil needed — believe it’s a tablespoon of oil needed for every 100 lbs of bodyweight; more if battling cancer.

AF

Trudi
    Participant

Thanks, AF.

So the oil is more potent than the seeds. Good to know. I actually have an immersion blender. Never use it, but may in the future :).

Take care,
    Trudi

A Friend
    Participant

@Trudi wrote:

Thanks, AF.

So the oil is more potent than the seeds. Good to know. I actually have an immersion blender. Never use it, but may in the future :).

Take care,
    Trudi

Trudi…. an after-thought for you, though it will take a bit of your time if you choose to do this … but by zeroing in on this article, paying close attention to what the writer says about the differences in the “types” of dietary oils, I’ve had a shocking thought.

http://arthritistrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Essential-Fatty-Acids-are-Essential.pdf

I’ve read this article at least two or three times in the past, but each time I read it again, I realize how much more about the article I understand. For instance, a number of learned people (one related to me) keep emphasizing Omega 3-Fish Oils these days, and I believe this is very good oil and has its special place in our diet; however, re-reading the section of the article today that especially discusses the different “types” of oils, and the major differences in what they have the capability to do, makes the miracle of my having chosen to add EFAs to my diet when I was in the “wasting syndrome” about 1997-98 even more important. If I’d chosen one of the other oils, I really think the result for what was wrong with me and what was needed, would not have had the same rescuing result.

Please don’t feel you have to read it because I mentioned it… unless you think this can be of benefit to you to understand the oils capabilities better.
    AF

Trudi
    Participant

Hi AF–
    I just finished reading your recommended article. Much food for thought, especially in light of the fact that back in the early ’90’s my doctor told me that based on the results of a test, I was not metabolizing/absorbing my fats. He instructed me to eat only “real” fats (not Crisco, margarine, etc.) but rather butter and lard. Now the focus of this article (1994) is on plant-based oils (specifically flaxseed oil); it is interesting that current research is now promoting the health benefits of saturated animal fats. As in all things, a good balance and moderation is key.

The article also discusses getting Omega 3 from foods such as whole grains and pumpkin seeds (among others). Recently I started eating an all whole grain pumpernickle bread. Being from Germany, this type of bread is what I grew up with and it totally agrees with me. http://www.breadsmith.com/breads/austrianpumpernickel.html

I also started eating pumpkin seeds as a natural parasite cleanse. At the beginning, I had some dizziness in bed, but that is now behind me. I think it was an indication that it was working. I continue to eat the pumpkin seeds for all its benefits, which are many.

Thanks again for your information.

Take care,
    Trudi

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.