Home Forums General Discussion 8th Week on Minocin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

I just knelt down to get something from the bottom shelf of my wardrobe, I then got up again. It suddenly struck me that I have just knelt, knees bent, semi squatting proper kneeling and then got up again without holding onto anything. I haven’t been able to kneel in anyway for six months, not even bend my knees fully. Could this be the Minocin starting to work ? Im only into week 8.

bonnielou
    Keymaster

How wonderful for you Lemons — yes, it could be. I was on strong doses of Celebrex when I was first diagnosed, and I knew I was getting better when I just forgot to take the pain medicine, and I didn’t need it. It can sort of creep up on you and you notice something unexpected, like kneeling on the floor and getting up without assistance. I hope things continue to go well.

Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

lemons
    Participant

Thanks Bonnie, the only pain meds im taking is Ibuprofen when needed. It. Shoulders still very painful and fingers, wrists right ankle swollen. Noticing more stiffness (not pain) in lower back, very tired with need to sleep more frequent but I can kneel and my knees were the first to go when this all began. Lemons x

m.
    Participant

Great news!

The first improvements I noticed were very small windows of time where I “forgot” my arthritis because it was less painful, and wasn’t reminding me every minute. Then I began to notice less morning stiffness, and less hobbling doWn the hall upon waking.

The changes can be so gradual, and our minds are so adept at adjusting, it’s easy to miss those little steps forward.

Congrats again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.