Home Forums General Discussion 5th Shot – Plz Help – 7 weeks of Doxy

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Calida
    Participant

i have a full desk with Abx. Doxy, Mino, Azithro, Tindamax, Flagyl, TMP, Humira etc…but none of them to seem to work and I’ve tried taking them for a while. Flagyl used to work

I’ve taken Doxy for 7 weeks and nothing, sure it helps with minor joint pain but nothing to go home about.

I just want to know HOW CAN I STOP the HIP & SPINE PAIN.

Hello my friend,

I’ll throw this out there again for your consideration: LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone)

I used to take Vicodan for spinal and joint pain. It didn’t make it disappear but it brought it down to a tolerable level. I don’t recommend opiates, they’re fine short term but toxic on many levels if used for chronic pain. LDN helped make daily life not only bearable but more joyful.

Perhaps you can speak with your ID doctor about pain management using LDN since he has been supportive and open to new treatments. As I mentioned in earlier threads, this isn’t a “do it yourself” project so I hope you find a physician who understands the big picture and helps you find a treatment that works.

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

Maz
    Keymaster

Dr. B. is no longer in practice, but was not a LLMD – he was an AP doc.

I think the suggestion to see an LLMD was because you were unsure of just what infection had triggered your reactive arthritis/AS after all the usual suspects were ruled out. LLMDs tend to be good options in those cases because they treat based on symptomology and will look further for lesser known infections, if needed.

It’s quite risky and inadvisable to self medicate on any treatment. As far as this foundation goes, it just helps those choosing the treatment to find resources and providers.

After 7 weeks of doxy, this would not tell you much. E.g. I worsened significantly in the first 3 months before seeing improvements. This therapy is not like treating an acute infection….it’s a long term therapy with no overnight miracles. There is also no promise of cure, though remission and successful reduction of disease symptoms are achievable, Dr, Brown found, in a majority of his cases (see book).

See FAQ 26: https://www.roadback.org/faqs/?faq-category=35

worldofme
    Participant

I stopped taking doxy on Monday as I want to wait 4 weeks with no abx.

I plan on getting prostate massage and clture after that tI identity the cause.

Most doc I have been to keep telling me that reactive arthritis is cause by post infection , not active

Why do I feel it’s like an active infection?

Some articles I’ve read say bacteria can survive cause ngu which results in Rea.

What do I do?

worldofme
    Participant

In 3 weeks I’m thinking about trying avelox aka moxiflocin..this a very highly toxic drug. It seems like this is the prescribe med for ngu if all treatment fail.

My biggest concern is my persistent urethrits cause by bacteria or non infectious cause.

worldofme
    Participant

I’ll ask doc about LDN..

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.