Home Forums General Discussion 50mg mino

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Oregonian
    Participant

My doctor agreed to let me try AP for my undiagnosed scleroderma but she says she is only willing to do 50mg twice a day because she thinks 100mg is too much. Will the 50mg still be effective? Or should I take 2 doses at once to equal the 100mg? Also, does anyone know of a good probiotic ?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,

As a starting dose, 50 mg twice a day is fine. Perhaps your doctor is being cautious and wants to see how you respond to minocycline before she will consider prescribing a higher dose.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

kater
    Participant

I agree. Not a bad idea to start a bit low and build up anyway–that is what I did. I would not tend to double up right away personally until you see how you do as if it is not scleroderma you might need a lower dose anyway, and if I got a doctor support me I would not risk losing that. Do a month or two and go back with improvement! I have many docs sold on Mino and they were initially opposed. As far as probiotics there are many good ones. I do at least 50 billion a day and at least 3 hours away from the mino. I rotate brands for good coverage and include saccaromyces at times. Make sure you do LOTS of detox and if you notice any graying of teeth dip your brush in charcoal powder. It is amazing.
    good luck
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

I actually started on 20mg of doxy way back in the day before I saw an experienced AP doctor….and it helped even at that small dosage. I did better when I was put on mino and eventually settled on 100mg every other day with food. If you can, finding a doc experienced with AP is the way to go. You can request a list on the RBF website.

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.