Home Forums General Discussion 4 – Shots of Humira + Doxy – Nothing – ReA / AS is very progressive.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

As of today, marks four humira shots and I can say it has done nothing. It helps with the spine pain but nothing for ReA symptoms such as urethritis, prostate and some minor aches in elbow, knee and ankle.

I am also on doxy for last 3 weeks. No improvement in symptoms. My case is very confusing and has confuse most of the experts are university level.

Urologist can’t find any bug. Rehum can’t find anything. ID can’t find anything.

Prednisone did not help. Humira isn’t helping. The only thing that ever helped was Flagyl and TMP.

My theory is I have chronic intracellular pathogen. should i consider adding rifampin + doxy?

I saw my LLMD doctor (my PCP) today and hes lost as well. He said everyone has done all the testing possbile, immune system, cbc, infection etc…and everything is negative. There not sure whatelse they can do for me and I should follow my rehum advice.

I don’t have any more money to burn. Humira is costing me $500 a month + doctors visit and high copay not sure what to do.

University level docs won’t do much either.

No one has seen a such a chronic case like mine. I think this case will not be solve until the underlying pathogen is clear. Chronic arthritis will continue.

worldofme
    Participant

I either think I have Chlamydia / Mycoplasma intracellular phase or Trich (but trich wouldn’t cause ReA, all my doctors keep saying trich wont do this and Flagyl / Tindamax would have clear Trich by now).

So what is it a parasite?

Nikkoal
    Participant

I just read an article today about gut flora and patients with protozoan infestations and systemic illness. A group of patients were treated for several months on flagyl with resolution of illness in around 90%. You mentioning flagyl made me think of that. Look at mdheal.org and see if you can find the article. If not I can pm you name of the Doctor. The article is called “intestinal protozoan infestation and systemic illness”. Very good read.

PhilC
    Participant

Trich (but trich wouldn’t cause ReA, all my doctors keep saying trich wont do this and Flagyl / Tindamax would have clear Trich by now).

They are wrong.

See: A Case of Reactive Arthritis after Trichomonas vaginalis Infestation.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

Could I still have Trich? after on and off consumption of flagyl and tindamax throughout the year?

Linda L
    Participant

Worldofme,
    What do you do about detox? Are you really on a diet? How long?
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

PhilC
    Participant

Could I still have Trich? after on and off consumption of flagyl and tindamax throughout the year?

Unfortunately, yes. You have chronic prostatitis. Once the infection is chronic, treating it is not easy. You are long past the early, acute phase of the infection when proper treatment might have cured you. If you had taken Flagyl in the very beginning, when the infection was only in your bladder and/or urethra, it’s very likely that you would have been cured.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

MLTelfer
    Participant

One avenue I investigated and you may discuss with your doctor is rituximab. What you describe needs aggressive treatment.

worldofme
    Participant

Humira and Rituximab same thing. TNF blocker. I give up. I rather not be here than going through all this. I can’t believe it.

Whatever my cause is infectious, I can’t believe how none of my doc aren’t able to find the cause.

worldofme
    Participant

Nevermind , Rituximab – no way. Dangerous. With my chronic post IGG to ebv, cmv, and hhv6. I’ll sure have reactivation of those virus.

worldofme
    Participant

I’m thinking about stopping Humira or spacing out the shots to 1 shot a month.

marypart
    Participant

Worldofme,

I’m so sorry you are suffering and struggling. I’m wondering about your “LLMD.” Most LLMD’s would not at all be concerned about “negative” test results, because they understand that most laboratory tests do not find occult chronic infections.

Also, if you were improving on Flagyl and Tindamax, is your doctor not willing to continue those meds?

Don’t give up. My son got better with a Rheumatologist/LLMD who used a comprehensive treatment of antibiotics, antivirals, antiparasitics and antifungals, give in combos and cycling through them. Also, he took a lot of antibiotic and antiviral supplements and supplements to break down biofilm (where bugs live) and to heal the intestines (because arthritis often comes from leaky gut, and because you need to take care of the gut when taking so many antibiotics.)

PhilC
    Participant
    worldofme
    Participant

Roxithromycine better than Azithromycine?

worldofme
    Participant

Roxithromycine better than Azithromycine? What about clarithromycin ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.