Home Forums General Discussion 2014 Canadian Scleroderma Conference in Winniepg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jelretiredmama
    Participant

Hi all

Just want to let anyone know who might be interested that the 2014 Canadian Annual Scleroderma Congress will be held in Winnipeg on Sept 19th and 20th (2014). As a SD / lyme patient and volunteer with the Scleroderma Assoc of Manitoba, we want to make the 2014 conference more informative and with more options for managing SD. The them we are considering is “An Integrative Approach – Creating a United Front”. We are planning a wellness fair on the Friday evening which we hope will include info on acupuncture, laser therapy, other natural therapies and of course info on AP and the possibly lyme connection.

The Saturday will consist of guest speakers, Q & A panel and breakout sessions. Re guest speakers, typically in the past they have always consisted of Rheumy’s. In 2014, we hope to include Naturopathic medicine, lyme literate and ap literate medical doctors. We have already initiated some invites so we are hoping for positive responses.

After attending the conference in Vancouver last year, although I enjoyed it, I must say that I was somewhat disappointed with the “medical” aspect of the program. I was also disappointed that no reference was made to AP and almost no reference made to alternative approaches. It did not really offer anything new or anything that wasn’t already available on the internet. I did however, really enjoy meeting the SD patients — so very inspiring.

I will be attending the 2013 Congress in Hamilton, ON so will see what discussion that brings. If there are any SD APer’s out there (with or without lyme), please consider attending the 2013, and especially the 2014 congress. I would love to meet you. “Power in numbers”.

Any suggestions you might for our conference are most welcome.

Best wishes,

jelretiredmama
    Participant

Woops — Lived most of my life in Winnipeg and I made a typo on the subject line! Should be Winnipeg!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.