Home Forums General Discussion 10 days AP update – pain is nearly gone

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan99
    Participant

EDIT September 19: well it seems I celebrated too early, pain in my fingers and feet had came back to his levels before I started the AP treatment, so it seems it might be a trend of good days and bad days. I am still very optimistic but guess this will take a while.

Hey all

this is an update of this post where you can also see the background story:
    https://www.roadback.org/forums/topic/need-help-in-course-of-action/

so I started to take doxycycline 100 mg twice daily. I had some kind of herx I believe on the 4 day. it was pretty minor but I had some mild fever and feeling unwell and the joint pain got somewhat stronger. it left me after 24 hours and I felt somewhat better. then until day 6 the joint pain was mild and still there, perhaps less then before though.

on day 6 I received some joint supplement I ordered from iherb with Glucosamine , Chondroitin and MSM, I started to take it and then on day 7 I woke up and had about 90% improvement! and so it stayed on the last 4 days, I am basically more or less pain free, I do still feel my joints a few times a day, but its much much better.

I can’t tell for sure what aspect of my treatment is responsible for the major improvement, the AP? the supplement I started taking? or both. I do suspect the supplement is playing a huge part as the major pain relief was around the time I started taking it. but who knows.

I am not sure how long to keep going with the doxycycline 100 mg twice daily. I might lower it to once daily in a few days and take it from there. any thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

Jonathan99
    Participant

update September 19: well it seems I celebrated too early, pain in my fingers and feet had came back to his levels before I started the AP treatment, so it seems it might be a trend of good days and bad days. I am still very optimistic but guess this will take a while.

whaleharbor
    Keymaster

Jonathan don’t worry…I actually reacted as you did. I felt really really really good like the first or second day. Like unusually good…and then bam…the herx. Then I went up and down back and forth slowly into remission. You can read about the herx in the FAQ’s. I’ve been through this twice…same thing happened both time. Really really really good…almost within a matter of hours – like amazing and then boom. Hang in there…also…feel free to keep your doc informed every step of the way. They should be guiding you. I bugged my doctor a lot especially in the early going. That’s what they are there for!

Minocycline 100mg every other day with food...lots of food: Zydus brand. Celecoxib 200mg twice per day: Greenstone brand.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.