Dr. F Interview on Protomyxzoa Rheumatica

Moderators: Cheryl F, lynnie_sydney, Maz, RBFV

Dr. F Interview on Protomyxzoa Rheumatica

Postby Maz » Sun May 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Dr. F, an AP Physician in AZ discusses his research findings of a bio-film forming protozoan in the blood of those with "autoimmune"-like presentations.

http://www.iadvocatehealth.org/protozoa ... tion0.aspx

'Protozoal Infection -- The Next Big Discovery?
A New Protozoa Appears Linked To Mystery Diseases
By Marc Braman, MD, MPH"

I was tested for this organism through Fry Labs, last Fall, and was sent a 'lovely' picture of the P. rheumatica biofilm making it pretty hard to deny it's existence in my case. My current treatments are focused on targeting this bug.

For anyone who missed the Dr. F. radio interview on the Better Health Guy Blog, you can find it here:

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/b ... -on-fl1953
RA/Lyme - ABX since 11/06
Personal Progress Thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=301
Current Abx Protocol:
Clarithromycin 500mg BID re-started 11/5/13 (dose increased to 500mg BID on 7/3/14
Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin ("Artemisinin Essentials") restarted 7/3/14, 2 caps twice daily, 5 days per week for 3 weeks each month with 7 days off
Ivermectin 2mg (rx compounded) daily, started 9/21/11
Various staple supps: Enhansa, NAC, ALA, Morinda Supreme, KriaXanthin, B Complex, Milk Thistle, Dessicated Adrenal, Adaptan-All, Probiotics, Systemic Enzymes, Vit D3, Magnesium Citrate, Sodium Ascorbate, ImmunoPro, Nrf2 Activator, Liposomal glutathione, compounded topical progesterone.
Intermittent supps: Chemet every third day, along with NAC and BioPure Chorella followed by BioActive Minerals day following oral chelation. Weekly Myer's Cocktails and Glutathione IV Pushes for detoxification. Tri-salts and Opticleanse GHI.
FIR Sauna and other detox methods as described in Personal Progress Thread.
Maz
Volunteer

Re: Dr. F Interview on Protomyxzoa Rheumatica

Postby Tlpitts » Mon May 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Where again can you get tested for this organism and how much the the test cost?
Have RA and psoraitic arthritis. Live in Georgia. Recent gallbladder surgery has put me into a downhill in my health. I was on this protocal years ago and went into remission for the most part and was able to come off this progran for a few years.About 2 years ago i strarted having psoraitic arthritis skin and scalp in bad shape. I dont remeber much about this program except that i took the minocycline three times a week and it was the pellets and i did it for about 2 years and weaed off with great sucess I wish i had kept a journal i will this time and i bought the book again about doctor brown
Tlpitts

Postby cavalier » Mon May 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Maz - hi - have read some of Dr fry's work before very smart man. His comments make alot of sense - one in particular in regard to the low fat diet there is alot of supporting articles in regards to SD saying withdrawal of fats is essential to getting remission from SD, obviously some have made inroads perhaps without doing this but if one is not careful there can be relapse - it helps the AP do it's job. I do think if one can stand the plaquenil it has a place for a time under doc's advisement of course along with rotating in Zith & Minocycline I am doing all of this including the diet. I think my case anyways has shown me I need to emcompass all of the help I can to have the AP do it's thing.

Thanks for posting this. Would love to know if there is a lab doing testing but certainly biofilms are often interwoven in infectious diseases.

Best - Jill SD
cavalier

Postby Maz » Mon May 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Tlpitts wrote:Where again can you get tested for this organism and how much the the test cost?

Hi Tlpitts and Jill,

Here is the Fry lab website: http://www.frylabs.com/

This test is the first one listed on their Test Order/Requisition Form. It's a pricey test at $495 unfortunately and only Fry labs is offering this particular test....as mentioned in the interview above, the testing methods used for this organism are being kept under wraps until proprietary rights for the test and research data have been published. It's pretty doubtful insurance will cover this test at this stage, though Fry Labs have apparently got all the requisite approvals on all their other standardized labs.

What was kind of interesting about my results was that there has been no ref range established as yet by Fry Labs other than a "Many" or "Few" (P. rheumatic biofilm) ranking, but it was fascinating to see and get a copy of the bug in-situe in its bio-film in my blood. My doc didn't pressure me to have the test run, though he feels it's probably a player in all the chronic inflammatory diseases, but left the decision up to me.
Current Abx Protocol:
Clarithromycin 500mg BID re-started 11/5/13 (dose increased to 500mg BID on 7/3/14
Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin ("Artemisinin Essentials") restarted 7/3/14, 2 caps twice daily, 5 days per week for 3 weeks each month with 7 days off
Various staple supps: Enhansa, NAC, ALA, Morinda Supreme, KriaXanthin, B Complex, Milk Thistle, Dessicated Adrenal, Adaptan-All, Probiotics, Systemic Enzymes, Vit D3, Magnesium Citrate, Sodium Ascorbate, ImmunoPro, Nrf2 Activator, Liposomal glutathione, compounded topical progesterone.
Intermittent supps: Chemet every third day, along with NAC and BioPure Chorella followed by BioActive Minerals day following oral chelation. Weekly Myer's Cocktails and Glutathione IV Pushes for detoxification. Tri-salts and Opticleanse GHI.
Maz
Volunteer

Postby cavalier » Tue May 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Maz - thanks for the great info.
Do I dare venture to ask if you had many or few? If you dont want to answer that is cool am hoping it was the 2nd with AP making inroads.

best - Jill
cavalier

Postby Maz » Tue May 08, 2012 9:43 pm

cavalier wrote:Maz - thanks for the great info.
Do I dare venture to ask if you had many or few? If you dont want to answer that is cool am hoping it was the 2nd with AP making inroads.

best - Jill

:lol: Yes, it's fine to ask, Jill - thanks for being so sensitive to ask! Fortunately, my result was in the "few" catagory, but the pic of the bio-film that was sent to my doctor was a good size! He showed me several pics (anonymously, of course) of others who had been tested and I think I probably "won" in the size stakes. :mrgreen:

Dr. F. is currently saying that one doesn't get rid of these blighters - at least there is no curative treatment as yet, but the goal is to lower their numbers and do what one can to reduce bio-film formation with diet and other methods to keep them well-controlled.
Current Abx Protocol:
Maz
Volunteer

Postby Valsmum » Wed May 09, 2012 4:02 am

Hi Maz,
Thanks for posting this interview, it was a great read. I cannot express how much diet has helped me too, just like the dr mentioned in his interview. Once I removed all grains, dairy and most sugar my sed rate finally went to normal-from 54, it took 6 months for it to reach normal. He mentioned the success he has with a low fat diet in his patients, I wonder what kind of diet he recommends.
Its nice to see the research he is doing and the Phoenix Study too.
Take care,
Sheri
RA-2009
Minocycline for one year 2010-2011
Currently no antibiotics
http://www.hulu.com - You can watch "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" for free, its about a man that overcomes his autoimmune disease with diet. Quote from docu. "If the body can heal itself on the outside then why can't it heal itself on the inside."
http://www.gerson.org - There is a man that recovered from Lyme disease using Gerson Therapy and his story is available to read on gerson.org. Look for the "Healing Stories" tab.

I eat 85% fruits and veggies. If I stay away from dairy,nightshades & grains/starches I'm a happy gal. My ESR went from 55 to 28 in 6 months after I changed my diet.
Valsmum

Postby cavalier » Wed May 09, 2012 10:16 pm

what most of us will never know is if we had taken this test b/4 AP what we would have read like compared to now. I agree it is lowering the numbers but it is a plan for life - that we will have to be cognizant of.
Big is not better in this case. treating ourselves in a rounded manner is the best defense we can offer ourselves.

Jill SD
cavalier

Postby Maz » Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Valsmum wrote:I wonder what kind of diet he recommends.

Hi Sheri,

So happy you enjoyed the read and found it helpful. I think Dr. F. recommends the McDougall diet, which if I am recalling okay, he mentions in the following link at the 2012 Physician's Round Table...just scroll down the link to the conference to find the notes on his talk:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7230
Current Abx Protocol:
Maz
Volunteer

Postby Maz » Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 pm

cavalier wrote:treating ourselves in a rounded manner is the best defense we can offer ourselves.

Such great words of hard won wisdom, Jill. :)
Current Abx Protocol:
Maz
Volunteer

Next

Return to General Discussion