Peptide Injections for RA/OA & More

Moderators: Maz, Cheryl F, lynnie_sydney, RBFV

Re: Peptide Injections for RA/OA & More

Postby Parisa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 pm

"These shots heal hypothyroidism" ?????

Let me know if any of you find a reference to that....
Husband-Dermatomyositis/Pulmonary Fibrosis 10/05
Lyme/Babesia Protocol 12/06-12/09
IVIG 1/08-12/11
95% recovered and enjoying life again
Parisa
Volunteer

Postby jaminhealth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Here's some more inputs from the original peptide person, many are asking her questions and this is what she posted recently. Bottom line, I feel, if the person has the $$$$ and find a doc close to them, it's a no brainer.... to be off drugs would be a Great Victory.

{{{{Thank you all for following my progress and for all your kind support. Nothing has given me more pleasure than being able to share my experience with this treatment with everyone. Our members have been so generous over the years and almost everything which has helped me is something I first learned of here.

The younger a person is, the fewer the shots usually needed. For a teenager, only one shot may do the trick for something like allergies. The older a person is, and the longer the person has been sick, the more a full treatment of a year is likely to be required. Because we are not all the same, some will do OK with only 10 months and some may require more than 12. My doc thinks that with my excellent progress, the 12 months will likely do the trick. It is only a few who have to continue longer or have to have booster shots. Some conditions seem to respond more slowly than others as well. For instance, the shots for RA seem to take longer and don't seem to provide the instant results that the broad-spectrum serum that I take has done.

When I say that progress isn't linear, I mean that I had expected all my symptoms to gradually improve together over time. That didn't happen. The very first night, my Sjogren's symptoms went away and I drooled like a dog over a pork chop. My eyes watered like crazy. Since then, I have had a few days of mild SS symptoms but they only last about 24 hrs. and are nowhere as severe as in the past. My arthritis in my hands and wrists went away that night and have not returned. I was surprised because I have some deformity in one wrist and one finger. That won't go away but the pain and swelling are gone. Yahoo!

I no longer have FMS pain except for a little mild pain now and then. It never lasts either. The only thing which took so long was energy. The first two months, I had days of energy but the last two months, I had been exhausted. Last week, all of a sudden, I got a burst of energy and have been doing all kinds of things, including cleaning the condo, pruning bushes outside and shampooing my carpet heavy traffic areas. I still pace myself because I don't want to lose the roll I'm on. I only do one big thing a day. I make sure I get my rest and I'm eating better. I've lost my craving for carbs. If this keeps up, I hope to get some aerobic exercise and lose some weight.

For anyone going into this, I suggest eating well and resting up beforehand. I eliminated Aspertame (Neutrasweet) and MSG from my diet. I also suggest going into it with no preconceived ideas of how the shots will work. Someone else may have a completely different experience than I. The good news is that one can usually tell from the first shot whether they will help. If after three shots there is no progress, they will stop the shots and the person has the option of getting a plasma evaluation or doing nothing more. Success is better than 90 percent over more than 30 years in Europe. I think those are pretty good odds. I felt that all I had to risk was, initially, $900. Over the year, it will be $3600 at $300 a month. I understand that some other docs charge a bit more per shot.

What impressed me about my doc is how dedicated he and his partner are and how they continue to learn all about this treatment which is progressing along more and more conditions, including Alzheimers, Parkinson's and Autism. My doc's enthusiasm is so great that you can actually feel it. He gets the biggest kick out of seeing his patients get well. Every time he comes home from a seminar, he's like a kid with a new toy. He tries to keep his costs down as much as possible. He is a very humble person but likely a genius (I've been told he is). He holds down costs by practicing out of a very modest office. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have an ego like so many docs. I feel so very blessed to have found my doc and this treatment. I hope as many of y'all as possible can avail yourselves of this treatment.

I also hope this helps answer your questions. If not, ask away and I'll answer. Again, thank you so very much for your enthusiasm and support. }}}
OA (spinal stenosis, spondylothesis), Mild FM, CMP
Grapeseed Extract, Vit D3, Armour Thyroid, Low Dose Melatonin, MSM, lots of other supps too.
jaminhealth

Postby jaminhealth » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Looking thru the person's original posts from Feb....here is a comment she made re peptides and RA:

{{{Injections to treat run-of-the-mill conditions, like RA, are old hat in Europe. }}}}

These peptides apparently are amino acid solutions formulated for specific conditions...there is a broad spectrum one which she is taking....

Depending on how my Alpha work goes thru April and if I don't feel it's helping ENOUGH, I may go see Dr. Gruenn here in WLA and get his comments for me on my issues....which is primarly OA stuff.... jam
Grapeseed Extract, Vit D3, Armour Thyroid, Low Dose Melatonin, MSM, lots of other supps too.
jaminhealth

Postby cavalier » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:51 am

FYI I called to Dr Coy's office & the person i spoke with was not able to give me any other doc's names who do these injections he just said to google, I told him i had already no links found. So still on the hunt for any doc's closer.

Best with your continued improvement - Jill
cavalier

Postby Suzy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 am

Anyone else ever heard of this doc or his treatments ?? In doing some research on peptides I came across this site for a texas doctor who is doing, what I believe to be essentially the same thing except for cancer/tumors. This doc has a long history with using peptides and amino acids etc..
He is using the peptides but calls them Antineoplastons.http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/
From the Nat'l Cancer Inst.
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/antineoplastons/patient/page2

He is in clinical trials..... info here
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?flds=Xc&flds=a&flds=b&term=burzynski&recr=Open&show_flds=Y Note: Trials info says status of trial has not been verified in two years, completion date of trial Dec 2011 .....So, IDK

However, it seems no doc who goes against the grain with treatment is immune from the controversy that always seems to undermine the facts of the treatment. Wiki has a page on this doc which gives his med background and some of the controversy surrounding him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislaw_Burzynski

I am only beginning to scratch the surface of research into peptides and just wanted to share this and see if anyone else has ever heard of this doc or his treatments. He already has orphan status with FDA ...not sure if that is significant or not !!

In September 2004, the FDA granted Orphan Drug designation for Antineoplastons A10 and AS2-1 for the treatment of Brainstem Glioma. The Orphan Drug designation has been extended to all Gliomas

From his website.....he produces his own peptides at his Pharmaceutical facility in Texas !!
Antineoplastons

Antineoplastons are peptides, amino acid derivatives, and organic acids produced by the body.

Because antineoplastons are harmless to healthy cells, the human body can be flooded with them, and only the cancer cells are affected.

Antineoplastons are produced synthetically at Dr. Burzynski's pharmaceutical facility in Texas.

For over 20 years, over 3,000 patients have received Dr. Burzynski's treatment.

My question I'm trying to answer is... what is the difference between this docs peptides and the ones out of UK (Oxford researchers)?More Later.....SUZY
Last edited by Suzy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ra since 1998....MTX from 99-2006/ advil for past 10 yrs/ severe right knee joint damage. Started Ap Feb 2010.Started LDN on 03/26/2010 discontinued LDN after approx. 1 year w/low results . PB 8/sys enzymes/magn./multi vits/diet Modif./ " A Lot of mind over Matter" and humor and laughter.
Suzy

Postby jaminhealth » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:39 am

Oh Burzynski is a FAMOUS alternative cancer doc....suzanne somers has written a lot about him in her books....he is well known and the FDA has tried to close him down for yrs...but he continues....

Here are the names of the FL docs:

{{{{My Dr. is Dr. Gomeringer. Dr. Dakos is the one who knows more about who does the injections. I'll have to see if I can find the info again. In the meantime, do a web search on Dr. Dakos.}}}}

I don't know but maybe calling Dr. Hans Gruenn's office could get you some names...it's so HARD to get info from doc's offices.....

I have his assistant's email and I'll attempt to contact her next week and see if she can help.....don't hold breath....
jaminhealth

Postby Maz » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Suzy,

You can watch the Burzynski "journey" here...it's powerful stuff:

http://vimeo.com/24821365

It was this doc that piqued my interest in peptides when I began researching them (see earlier post on this thread). Atineoplastins, although a form of peptide therapy, it's carefully explained how Burzynski has developed a precise formulation for cancers specifically in the documentary. It seems that peptide therapy needs to be "targeted," as each disease has specific requirements. In this regard, peptides targeting cancer are different from those targeting RA, or Lupus or MS, for instance. In fact, peptide therapy doesn't seem to have had as favorable results for MS and scientists are still working on specific targeting for this disease. It also seems that one peptide formulation for all RA cases has not yet been formulated as each case is unique and some may require a more broad spectrum peptide formulation.

While Burzynski's cancer peptide therapy has been around for a long time and going through FDA approval battles (and scientists stealing his work), peptide therapy is still in its infancy for AI diseases. As Burzynski explains, while his therapy can reverse terminal cancers, these patients seem to be missing certain peptides in their make-up and his therapy replaces them so the body can eat up the cancer on its own. In AI diseases, certain peptides may be missing (genes), but are also being targeted by auto-antibodies (e.g. anti-CCP). While Burzynski's treatment can reverse cancer and, hopefully, a person can remain cancer-free, there is no guarantee that the cancer won't return in rounds when therapy ceases (and perhaps more likely to return if patients are on conventional chemo and radiation therapy which damages the immune system). After all, patients are replacing "missing" peptides from their make-up. Same likely goes for rheumatic patients....may not be curative and require long-term dependence upon shots (except perhaps in milder cases?).

It's going to be interesting how all this unfolds in the longer term in so many respects...funding for studies, FDA approval, insurance coverage, long-term patient outcomes, etc.
RA/Lyme - ABX since 11/06
Personal Progress Thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=301
Current Abx Protocol:
Clarithromycin 500mg BID re-started 11/5/13 (dose increased to 500mg BID on 7/3/14
Compounded Liposomal Artemisinin ("Artemisinin Essentials") restarted 7/3/14, 2 caps twice daily, 5 days per week for 3 weeks each month with 7 days off
Ivermectin 2mg (rx compounded) daily, started 9/21/11
Various staple supps: Enhansa, NAC, ALA, Morinda Supreme, KriaXanthin, B Complex, Milk Thistle, Dessicated Adrenal, Adaptan-All, Probiotics, Systemic Enzymes, Vit D3, Magnesium Citrate, Sodium Ascorbate, ImmunoPro, Nrf2 Activator, Liposomal glutathione, compounded topical progesterone.
Intermittent supps: Chemet every third day, along with NAC and BioPure Chorella followed by BioActive Minerals day following oral chelation. Weekly Myer's Cocktails and Glutathione IV Pushes for detoxification. Tri-salts and Opticleanse GHI.
FIR Sauna and other detox methods as described in Personal Progress Thread.
Maz
Volunteer

Postby jaminhealth » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:17 pm

I just did a search of:

Amino Acids and Rheumatoic Arthritis and there is a lot of info on this...

Now, I don't deal with RA but am interested in this amino acids for the OA and Fibro stuff I
deal with....

Now Foods has a supplement Amino Complete and I think I'm going to take it for a while and see
if I notice any difference with my pain and stiffness..I will read the customer reviews of this product on iherb.
Aminos are the protein building blocks for our body.

For me, if money were not an issue, I'd have been to Dr. Gruenn's a couple weeks ago...but I may get
there yet...
jaminhealth

Postby Suzy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks for the replies...Maz, Jamin. I did see the video and yes POWERFUL stuff. After more reading and your explanation, I now see the differences in the peptides. Specific targeting seems to be the key word .....seeing it associated with the newer peptide research areas.
Maz said...
It's going to be interesting how all this unfolds in the longer term in so many respects...funding for studies, FDA approval, insurance coverage, long-term patient outcomes, etc.

Agreed Maz !

Doesn't his orphan drug status give him some exclusivity with these antineoplastons that have this status ??

Thanks Jamin for the info on supps...I am looking at that now!

SUZY...
Ra since 1998....MTX from 99-2006/ advil for past 10 yrs/ severe right knee joint damage. Started Ap Feb 2010.Started LDN on 03/26/2010 discontinued LDN after approx. 1 year w/low results . PB 8/sys enzymes/magn./multi vits/diet Modif./ " A Lot of mind over Matter" and humor and laughter.
Suzy

Postby jaminhealth » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Suzy, I just bought the bottle at Swansons, I use various aminos off and on over the years, but never took the complete ones...iherb has 80 some reviews from people....swansons has better price and I got a couple other things too.

I've found good results with other aminos over the years of my life....74 soon. yikes.

Since I've been doing alpha work for a little over a month, I'm taking LESS pain meds, so someting is giving with this work, but I want more GIVE.....jam
jaminhealth

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion